Ever heard of iMessage? Yes or No? Well, it is actually an application designed for Apple to send messages between Apple devices using a unique Apple ID.
Now, if you notice, we specifically mentioned Apple devices. That means iMessage was created with Apple users in mind, as will work best on Apple devices. But what if you are an Apple user and you have friends using different OS or you want to shift to an Android device because of its interesting features that are not present on iOS? Is there any way to use iMessage on your device? Yes, there is. And the best way to do it is to download and install iMessage for Android.
Get iMessage for Android
The steps below should help you get iMessage for your Android device.
- On your computer, open your browser and search for iMessage app for Android. You should be able to download an APK file.
- Once the file is successfully downloaded, connect your Android device to your computer.
- Copy the APK file to your mobile phone. Make sure you enable Installation from Unknown Sources in the settings of your mobile device.
- On your mobile phone, install the application.
- Once the installation is completed, you will be prompted to verify your mobile phone number.
- From here, you should be able to send messages to your Android device using the iMessage app.
Sending Messages to an Android Device Using Your Mac
Now that you know it is possible to install iMessage on your Android device, you might be asking if you can message an Android using your Mac. Thanks to technology, it is also possible. Follow the steps below:
- Be sure you are logged onto iCloud on both your iPhone and Mac. Also, ensure you are using the same Apple login ID.
- On your Mac, head over to System Preferences > iCloud. Next, log in.
- Check the Apple ID account you are using on your iPhone. Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Launch Messages on your Mac.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Messages Forwarding.
- At this point, your Mac should appear on the list of connected devices on your iPhone.
- To enable pairing, simply turn on the slider on your iPhone’s screen. You will then be asked to enter a code, which appears on your Mac. Input it and wait for the device to be verified.
- Now, you can send a text message to an Android device anytime you want!
Of course, there are other messaging apps you can use for your Android device. But if you prefer to use iMessage because it is neat and easy to use, hopefully, our simple guide was able to help.
You might also want to make sure your Mac is in good and secure condition at all times, especially if are using it to send iMessage to Android. Install Tweakbit MacRepair to get rid of any system junk.
If you’re running into errors and your system is suspiciously slow, your computer needs some maintenance work. Download Outbyte PC Repair for Windows, Outbyte Antivirus for Windows, or Outbyte MacRepair for macOS to resolve common computer performance issues.
Fix computer troubles by downloading the compatible tool for your device.