Terms and conditions
Your use of the Softwaretested.com website is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
1.1 By using our website, you confirm your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions in full; if you do not agree with any part of these Terms and Conditions, you must not use this website.
1.2 You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website; by staying on this website or accepting these Terms and Conditions, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
2.1 All copyright and other intellectual property rights to the content on this website belong to Softwaretested.com or its licensors.
2.2 Any use of the copyrighted material published on this website is restricted and may only be allowed with express written approval from Softwaretested.com
2.3 We grant you the license to use this website in accordance with the Terms and Conditions herein. You may:
- 2.3.1 View our website pages using a web browser
- 2.3.2 Have our website pages downloaded and cached in your web browser;
- 2.3.3 Have our website pages printed; and
- 2.3.4 Watch video and listen to audio content published on our website.
2.4 Except as described in Section 2.3 or in other parts of these Terms and Conditions, you are not allowed to download, save or use any material published on our website.
3. Prohibited Use
3.1 You must not:
- 3.1.1 Republish any material from this website on another website;
- 3.1.2 Sell, sub-license or rent any material from this website;
- 3.1.3 Publicly display any material from this website;
- 3.1.4 Use any material from this website for commercial purposes; or
- 3.1.5 Redistribute in any way any material from this website.
- 3.1.6 Use this website in a way that may impair the website’s operation, accessibility or availability;
- 3.1.7 Use this website in a way that is fraudulent, illegal or harmful, or in connection with any fraudulent, illegal or harmful activity;
- 3.1.8 Use this website to store, host, send, use or distribute any material that may contain, consist of or be linked to any computer virus, spyware, Trojan horse, keylogger, rootkit or other malicious application or code;
- 3.1.9 Use our website to conduct any data collection, such as scraping, data extraction, data mining or data harvesting, without express written consent from us;
- 3.1.10 Access our website or interact with it using automated means, such as a robot, spider or similar;
- 3.1.11 Violate the instructions specified in our website’s robots.txt file; or
- 3.1.12 Use any data that may be collected from this website for direct marketing purposes or to contact other companies, entities or individuals.
3.2 You are required to and are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide to us via our website, or in relation thereto, is non-misleading, accurate, current and complete.
3.3 We reserve the right, at our discretion, to restrict access to parts or all of our website at any time, and you must not attempt to bypass any such restrictions.
4. Your content
4.1 Throughout these Terms and Conditions, the term “your content” shall mean all materials (including, but not limited to, text, images, video and audio material, software, scripts and files) that you submit to Softwaretested.com for processing, transmission or publication on our website.
4.2 You grant to us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free worldwide license to store, publish, use, translate, reproduce and distribute your content in any media, on our website or on any future website we may run.
4.3 Without prejudice to any of our other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if we discover or reasonably suspect that you breach any provision set out in these Terms and Conditions, we may remove, edit or un-publish any part of or all of your content.
4.4 You represent and warrant full compliance of your content with these Terms and Conditions.
4.5 You represent and warrant that your content will not be illegal, will not infringe any person’s rights, and will not be capable of triggering legal action against any person.
4.6 Your content, and our use of your content in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, must not:
- 4.6.1 Be maliciously false or libelous;
- 4.6.2 Be indecent or obscene;
- 4.6.3 Infringe any copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- 4.6.4 Infringe any privacy right or any right under data protection legislation;
- 4.6.5 Contain negligent statement or constitute negligent advice;
- 4.6.6 Constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- 4.6.7 Be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- 4.6.8 Be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- 4.6.9 Be blasphemous;
- 4.6.10 Be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- 4.6.11 Be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- 4.6.12 Depict violence, in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
- 4.6.13 Be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
- 4.6.14 Be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- 4.6.15 Contain any advice, instructions or other information which could, if acted upon, cause loss or damage, including, but not limited to, injury, illness or death;
- 4.6.16 Constitute spam;
- 4.6.17 Be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- 4.6.18 Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
5. Warranty limitations
5.1 We do not guarantee:
- 5.1.1 That the information published on our website will be accurate or complete;
- 5.1.2 That the material on the website will be current and up to date; or
- 5.1.3 That our website or any service on it will remain available at all times without interruptions.
5.2 We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue or change any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time without explanation or notice; and you will not be entitled to any compensation or payment if this occurs.
5.3 To the maximum extent permitted by law, and subject to Section 5.1 above, we exclude all warranties and representations relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
6. Liability limitations
6.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or in any way limit or exclude any liability where it is not permitted under applicable law.
6.2 The site might be affiliated with any product that is recommended on it. Some of these products (anti-spyware programs, anti-viruses, optimizers, etc.) are paid. We might get affiliate commissions when our visitors purchase some of the products that are recommended by us on softwaretested.com. They all are legitimate programs and have been tested before adding them to the site. However, when you decide to download software from softwaretested.com, you install and use this software at your own risk. The site does not take any responsibility for the accuracy or the operation of recommended programs.
6.3 Softwaretested.com and its affiliates do not review or monitor web sites linking to the service or posted in descriptions, comments and similar content which is available on the site. When clicking links or references posted on softwaretested.com, you acknowledge that softwaretested.com is not responsible for the accuracy or content of those links. You click these links and leave the website at your own risk.
6.4 The exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this Section 6 and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions are subject to Section 6.1 and govern all softwaretested.com’s liabilities arising under, or relating to the subject matter of, these Terms and Conditions, which includes liabilities that arise in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
6.5 To the extent that the information, content and services on our website are provided charge-free, we shall not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind.
6.6 We will not be liable for any losses you may incur due to any event(s) outside of our control.
6.7 We will not be liable for any business losses, including, but not limited to loss of profits, revenue, income, anticipated savings or commercial opportunities.
6.8 We will not be liable for any loss or corruption of data, software or database.
6.9 We will not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damage or loss.
6.10 You understand and accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees, and you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees for any losses you may incur in connection with our website or these Terms and Conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if you violate, or we reasonably suspect that you have violated, these Terms and Conditions in any way, we may, at our discretion, send you a formal warning, temporarily or permanently suspend your access to our website, block computers using your IP address from accessing our website, contact your internet service providers to request that your access to our website be blocked, or initiate legal action against you.
8.1 We may occasionally revise and modify these Terms and Conditions
8.2 The revised Terms and Conditions shall replace these Terms and Conditions once published on our website, and you hereby agree to be bound by the revised Terms and Conditions from the date of their publication. If you do not agree to the revised Terms and Conditions, you must stop using our website.
9. Right to assign
9.1 You hereby agree that we may transfer, assign, sub-contract or otherwise handle our rights and/or obligations arising under these Terms and Conditions.
9.2 You may not without our written consent transfer, assign, sub-contract or otherwise handle your rights and/or obligations arising under these Terms and Conditions.
10.1 If any provision or part of these Terms and Conditions is determined by court or another competent authority to be unenforceable or unlawful, the other provisions will continue in effect.
10.2 If any unenforceable or unlawful provision of these Terms and Conditions would be enforceable or lawful if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
11. Entire agreement
You may contact us using the online form on our website or via email at [email protected].