The Mail app is a great program in Windows 10 used by many. It comes with innovative features that offer a great experience when receiving, sending, or organizing emails. The app is part of the vast Microsoft ecosystem, a leading brand in the software industry. Despite the greatness of the Mail app, it is still far from perfection with a significant number of users reporting various errors that occur when using it. Among the common issues encountered by users is the Windows 10 Mail app error 0x8019019a.
About the Windows 10 Mail App Error 0x8019019a
Unfortunately, many users reportedly encounter the error when attempting to sign in using a Yahoo account in the Mail app. When the error occurs, a message is displayed stating “Something went wrong, we’re sorry but we weren’t able to do that.”
When faced with this issue, you mustn’t worry. In this article, we will give full insight on what to do with Mail app error 0x8019019a. The symptoms related to this particular issue vary but the source of the problem is consistent. Based on our experts’ advice, applying the fix in the succeeding section should help get rid of the issue.
How to Fix Mail App Error 0x8019019a
Note that the solution provided has been proven effective by a number of users who have faced a similar issue. However, if for some reason it doesn’t come right, we advise performing a full security scan to check for any malware in your system. This is important as most of the malicious programs tend to modify the system and essential app files.
To effectively do so, you need a reputable security software tool that can detect any suspicious programs and remove them permanently. However, you should make sure a backup has been made beforehand, in case anything goes wrong.
When a malware entity is detected, it is important to perform a PC repair session to bring back your system to its optimum performance level. This can be achieved by using a robust PC repair tool that can clean out junk files, as well as fix system and application crashes.
Now, to solve the Windows 10 Mail app error 0x8019019a issue, follow the steps below:
- Access the Mail app by clicking on its icon either located on the Taskbar or Start menu.
- Click on the gear icon to access the Settings menu of the Mail app.
- Click Manage Accounts and select your Yahoo account.
- Click Remove this account from this device and close the window.
Now, head over to your default browser and apply the following steps:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account using your existing login credentials.
- Click on your name at the top-right and select Account info.
- In the emerging session, choose Account security.
- A new tab will appear. Look for Manage app passwords located at the bottom of the page and click on it.
- Select Other app on the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Generate button and the mail client will present a password with 16 characters. Copy it.
Now, the browser part is done. You can head back to the Mail app and reopen it the same way you did earlier on.
Once launched, apply the following steps:
- Click on the gear icon to access the Mail app Settings window.
- Select Manage accounts just like you did earlier and click on + to add an account.
- Don’t choose Yahoo. Click on Other accounts (POP, IMAP) instead.
- Now, insert your Yahoo email address.
- When prompted to insert a password, paste the one you copied from your browser mail client with 16 characters.
- Type in your username and click Save.
Using this method to add a Yahoo account has helped a lot of users prevent the Windows 10 Mail app error 0x8019019a issue. It should help solve your issue as well. Just be sure to follow the instructions as outlined.