Windows 10/11 v2004 came packed with a lot of exciting new features. Many users are enjoying this build, but as expected, others encountered errors after the upgrade. Indeed, people have varied experiences with the new build. Albeit, this is just MS Windows living up to expectations. After all, a new OS upgrade is prone to errors, bugs, and crashes. So, if you’re faced with Aksfridge.sys Blue Screen error after upgrading to Windows 10/11 v2004, try the solutions we’ve prepared.
BSOD errors are deadly and can make one’s life difficult. When such an issue occurs, the only way out of it is a hard system restart. This can lead to loss of unsaved work, as well as an abrupt disconnection from important meetings. At times, this problem leads to loss of game points. So, if encountered, it must get resolved immediately to avoid a stressful experience.
What is Aksfridge.sys
A legitimate aksfridge.sys file is a program component by Aladdin Knowledge Systems. Aladdin Hardware Against Software Piracy (HASP) uses this file, and its primary functions are protection and licensing. Presented as a digital rights management utility, the aksfridge.sys driver plays a critical role in HASP’s operations. The driver is a filter that ensures compatibility to external devices.
What to do About the Aksfridge.sys Blue Screen Error
When you encounter the aksfridge.sys BSOD error, try out these solutions. Follow them in their listed order to solve the issue. Since the issue occurs because of several factors, we have provided a couple of fixes. All which are applicable depending on your scenario.
Pro Tip: Run a dedicated PC optimization tool to get rid of incorrect settings, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats that can cause system issues or slow performance.
If you can’t log into your system, boot into Safe Mode. Access the Advanced Startup section, or boot using Installation Media to apply these solutions.
Solution #1: Change the Registry Value
Registry tasks are quite complex, and the smallest mistake can render your OS unusable. So, you must back up your registry data or create a restore point for your computer. This measure helps by providing a recovery point if things don’t go according to plan. When you’re done with data backup, follow these instructions:
- Launch the Run dialog by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type “regedit” (no quotes) in the text field and hit the Enter key to launch the Registry Editor.
- Use the path below to access the registry key:
- Once by the location, double-click on the Start registry to access its properties.
- Now, configure the Value data to 4. This will deactivate some of Aladdin’s security drivers, hence solving the issue.
- Select OK to apply and save changes.
- Reboot the computer.
Solution #2: Update Hardware Against Software Piracy Drivers
- Download Sentinel LDK and Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment Installer GUI file for Windows.
- Extract the file content to Drive C and then locate the folder labelled as Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_setup.
- Find the HASPUserSetup installation file and run it as administrator.
- The driver update will begin. Once done, reboot the system.
Alternatively, you can update the driver through the Device Manager utility.
- Press the Windows + X keys to access the Power menu.
- Now press the M key to launch Device Manager.
- Expand the device list and check for Sentinel drivers.
- Right-click on the Sentinel driver and choose Update Driver.
- Click on the ‘Search automatically for drivers’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete updating the driver.
- When done, reboot the computer.
Keeping your system tidy and clean is one way to avoid BSOD errors such as aksfridge. This means you must install a reliable security software suite. It’ll help free your computer from malware. What’s more, an independent PC repair utility can rid your PC of common system, performance-related issues. Thus, keeping the machine at best levels.
Executing an SFC scan as well as the DISM can also help end common computer crashes and errors. All related to missing or corrupt system files.
- Access the Run dialog by pressing Windows + R keys followed by the Enter key.
- In the search field, type “cmd” (no quotes) and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to launch Administrator: Command Prompt. If prompted by the UAC, click on Yes button.
- Now, insert the following command and hit the Enter key:
- Wait for the process to complete. It may take up to 15 minutes to detect and fix errors within the system files.
- When done, restart the computer and return to the Administrator: Command Prompt window. Follow Steps 1 and 2 above.
- This time, insert the following command and hit the Enter key:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Note that your computer must be connected to the Internet for this feature to work.
- Once the process has completed, you can restart the PC for changes to take effect.
If you have real suspicions about the aksfridge file, you can use third-party task manager analysis tools. These help to understand the hidden processes of the running Windows tasks. If any program is monitoring your keystrokes and mouse clicks, a good anti-virus will spot it. With a security risk rating tool, you can also identify the processes that are likely to be malware or Trojan. Indeed, a robust anti-malware security suite can help get rid of these suspicious processes.
We have come to accept that the Internet will never be free of cybercriminals. Still, there are certain effective measures we can take to avoid becoming victims. Remember that careless behavior can lead to several malware attacks. Thus, users must make sure they stay vigilant while using the Internet. This includes downloading installation files from official sites or approved third-party software distributors. Moreover, during installation, computer users must always select the Custom or Advanced installation option. Do a thorough job instead of the Recommended option. This helps avoid the installation of bundled programs without the user’s knowledge. By following these basic measures, you keep the computer free from crashes and errors.
Askfridge.sys is not the only BSOD experienced by Windows users. It’s one of the many. Getting an active anti-malware security control is the most effective way of keeping in control. Also, frequent analysis tools help keep you on top of most situations and ready to solve any BSOD error. Enjoy Windows 10/11 and maximize your security by having the necessary measures in place.
Vic is a search engine optimization expert, helping to optimize websites to make them more Google and user-friendly. He’s been in the industry for more than 10 years, and his work speaks a lot about his experience and expertise in the IT and digital marketing fields.
Vic is the one in charge of keeping our website running smoothly and efficiently, to make sure that our readers have a wonderful experience while visiting the website. He’s good at troubleshooting errors and fixing issues that come up either when playing games or working on the computer.
Vic is a certified gadget freak who feels the need to surround himself with cutting-edge technology. And this passion has helped him a lot in creating content that informs and guides users on using and troubleshooting the latest technology. He is an avid researcher who is always hungry for the latest news and updates on the most cutting-edge technology.