Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security is the basic plan among many plans and security solution offers from Trend Micro cybersecurity solutions. It is a Windows security software program offering simple antivirus protection for up to two PCs.
Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security uses Advanced Artificial Intelligence Learning technology to protect your PC against malware attacks, such as:
It protects your data and information from cyber threats and malicious websites. It also allows you to manage your privacy settings, including social network privacy.
Describing itself as a “simple protection against complex threats,” Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security has features such as:
Pro Tip: Scan your PC for performance issues, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats
that can cause system issues or slow performance.
- Essential antivirus protection: to help you browse safely, block web threats, stop viruses, block spyware, and malicious software
- Anti-ransomware solution: Protect you against malicious attacks, including ransomware attacks that can encrypt your files and demand payment
- Protect your email: using an anti-phishing solution to help you avoid fraud and scams and guard against phishing emails
- Trend Micro Pay Guard: safeguard your online payments when banking or shopping online.
- Firewall booster
How to Use Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security
Security and digital safety don’t have to be complex. Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security is clear and simple to use. It has an intuitive user interface, simple and clear settings, easy to use features, and easy-to-understand PC status reports. Here’s how Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security works:
- Download Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security (from Trend Micro official website) and install it on your PC. And then, conduct a PC full scan to check for threats
- Main Window: there is a round Scan button that dominates the main window of Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security. There’re also four other round buttons to access other security areas.
- You can conduct a basic scan or a full scan with Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
- Its features will block any dangerous web page, blocks virus-infested downloads, and phishing pages.
- The Folder Shield feature blocks ransomware attacks by preventing any unauthorized changes in your protected folders. No malicious program can change or damage your files or folders.
- Prevents attacks by real-time ransomware and gives ransomware details, including the files or folders that the ransomware tried to modify.
- Fraud buster: this is an anti-phishing technology that works with Chrome and Gmail to filter out phishing emails and scams.
- Mute mode: helps to give you a smooth time while playing games. It suppresses notifications and scheduled updates, and even can kill some processes.
To use the Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security program effectively, there are some features that you have to enable, such as the Folder Shield for ransomware protections, Fraud buster for spam protection, Pay Guard, and the firewall booster. These features, if left unchecked, can remain disabled and affect your user experience.
Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security Pros and Cons
Despite its ultra-fast scans and many additional security features, Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security software has some downsides. Here are its pros and cons:
- Fast full scans
- Multilayered and improved ransomware protection
- Pay Guard for the protection of online transactions
- Excellent anti-phishing protection
- Browser guard and blocking of malicious URL
- Firewall booster
- Simple, clear user interface
- Highly affordable
- Limited to PCs only
- The antivirus slows down PCs
- Lacks a VPN feature
- Poor score on hands-on malware protection (below the industry average)
- Spam filter and protection is more robust on Gmail than Outlook
- Lack of multi-device volume licensing
- Too many false positives
Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security Review
The minimum consideration of any ordinary antivirus utility is that it must be able to eliminate basic malware infestation and repel any attacks. Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security goes beyond the minimum. The “plus” in its name means it offers other bonus features, including firewall booster, Pay Guard (a hardened browser for online banking), and multilayered ransomware protection, among others. Add these features to its effective and robust core antivirus system, and you have a worthy antivirus solution.
However, the installation of Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security is a little complicated. Unlike what many modern antivirus tools provide – an Agree and Install button – its installation has further interaction.
After installation, the antivirus proceeds to check for any active malware. It also asks you to create an online account through which you can get support. It also allows you to enable the Folder Shield ransomware protection.
Overall, Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security wields top-quality protection, a friendly UI, and an improved dedicated customer support. However, the false positives dent its reliability. The false positives and so many features require manual action.
It is a more improved product to the previous version of the basic Trend Micro antivirus application. It is also more affordable compared to other antivirus programs that offer the same package.