In modern times, companies, businesses, and individuals are looking for the simplest ways to communicate. Recent developments in technology such as WhatsApp, Skype, and Zoom have made it very easy to video-chat with distant family, friends, and co-workers.
Google is not left behind in this journey. The tech giant has come up with the fantastic Google Meet service that enables users to video chat and hold online meetings.
Google Meet is Google’s new video chatting platform that enables real-time interaction. You can use it to set up an online meeting with your colleagues or family.
The video chat service was only available to those using G-Suite, but Google has now made it accessible for free to all standard Google subscribers.
Pro Tip: Run a dedicated PC optimization tool to get rid of incorrect settings, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats that can cause system issues or slow performance.
Since most people are not conversant with this tool, this article intends to shed more light on it. Continue reading to learn how to use Google Meet.
How to Use Google Meet
Using Google Meet should not be that difficult as long as you have a Google account. If you’ve not registered, you can visit the Google Meet official website and enter your email, name, and country.
For the optimal use of Google Meet, you should look up ways on how to speed up your computer. An optimum operating PC will render best services when using Google Meet.
Follow these steps to use the Google Meet free version:
- Visit the Google Meet website and login to your account. You can also download the Google Meet application on Google Play and open it on your Android or iOS device.
- If you want to join an ongoing meeting, you can enter your meeting code then click ‘Join meeting.’
- Select an account you want to use for Google Meet.
- To start the meeting, you can click on ‘Start new meeting.’
You can now ask others to join the meeting by sharing the meeting code.
If you are using a personal G-Suite account, follow these steps to start a video meeting with Google Meet:
- Visit the Google Meet official site.
- If you have a private meeting code, enter this code on the ‘Enter meeting code’ field on the platform.
- Click ‘New Meeting’ if you want to start a new meeting.
You can also choose other options to schedule a meeting on Google Calendar, create a meeting for other people to join, and get a meeting link to share with others.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using Google Meet?
Just like most types of video calling platforms, Google Meet also comes with its downside and pros you should be aware of.
- It is available for anyone with a standard Gmail account.
- It is easy to open your Google Meet account.
- The platform works great on computers, iOS, and Android phones.
- It comes with different packages. You can invite many people to join your meeting when you subscribe to the G-Suite package. For example, you can meet with up to 100 people when you subscribe to G-Suite Enterprise.
- Google Meet was formerly available for G-Suite issuers – this is the main reason it is not popular amongst most of those using the standard Google services.
- When using Google Meet, only 25 people can share a video or speak to each other at a go. Also, it limits the number of people who can join the video chat to 100 users.
- To set up a Google Meet video conference, you must have a paid G-Suite account. Once you’ve organized the meeting, you can easily invite those with a standard Google account to join.
- Google Meet may not be accessible on most browsers. For example, those using the Safari browser may face some challenges using it. It works optimally on Google Chrome.
Today, people are looking for the most convenient way to communicate remotely and in real-time. Google Meet is providing a perfect opportunity for people to meet online and beat the geographical barrier.
If you are new to Google Meet, follow this guide and start using it to meet and video-chat with your workmates and friends. The advantage of using Google Meet is that you can use it on your phone and computer.