Security researchers nowadays are seeing a significant rise in adware attacks targeting Macs. While adware and other potentially unwanted applications aren’t really recognized as serious threats, they can still trigger annoying advertisement pop-ups, malware infections, fraud and identity theft, as well as other privacy-related issues that give Mac users a headache.
To prevent any of the mentioned problems, many Mac users are looking into having a reliable antivirus solution. This brings us to one popular antivirus solution today: Combo Cleaner for Mac.
About Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a system optimizer and an antivirus created for Macs running Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and the newer macOS versions. Unlike other antivirus suites, this tool takes a whole new approach to cybersecurity. And aside from its core antivirus function, it has other handy features, such as the big files finder, privacy scanner, disk cleaner, and application uninstaller.
To have a better idea about what this tool can do, we’ve come up with this quick Combo Cleaner review. We aim to answer the following questions:
- Is Combo Cleaner Legit?
- Is Combo Cleaner a Virus?
- Is there a Combo Cleaner for Windows?
- What are its features?
Combo Cleaner: Legit or a Virus?
Combo Cleaner is one of the most comprehensive applications today that keep Macs free of viruses. It is equipped with award-winning and advanced malware, adware, and virus scan engines that carefully checks Macs for infections. But is it legitimate and safe to use?
Yes, this tool safe and legit. In fact, it was certified by OPSWAT Labs and was identified as anti-malware software. It is also recognized by many reputable sources, such as FileHorse, CNET, and Cult of Mac.
Now, for licensing concerns, the creators of the tool have made things clear. Combo Cleaner for Mac is available in 2 pricing plans. A single-user license costs $39.95 for 6 months, while a family/office license costs $69.95. Though it isn’t as cheap as other antivirus software on the market, it’s definitely worth it as it does a pretty good job of optimizing and protecting Macs.
As of now, Combo Cleaner is not available for Windows devices. Hopefully, in the coming years, it will.
Combo Cleaner Features
The features of this tool should meet an average Mac user’s expectation as they live up to Apple’s maintenance and security protocols.
Here are some notable features of Combo Cleaner:
- Disk Cleaner – It does exactly what its name suggests. Like a PC repair tool, it assesses your hard disk’s contents and gives recommendations on the total amount of memory space that needs to be freed up.
- Big Files Finder – This feature is also pretty self-explanatory. It locates items that consume much disk space and may no longer be useful for you.
- Antivirus – This is one of the core features of Combo Cleaner, allowing Mac users to remove malicious entities from their Macs.
- Duplicate File Scanner – This feature scans your hard disk drive and locates identical files. Using an auto-select option, users can find all identical copies of a file and have them easily removed.
- Uninstaller – It allows users to uninstall any applications. Although Mac users can always uninstall an application on their own by dragging it to Trash, there is a chance that the associated files remain, consuming disk space.
Cyberattacks are among the serious threats that we – Mac or Windows users – all have to face. And unfortunately, no matter how careful we are, we may still end up suffering the consequences of inefficient cybersecurity measures.
Having said that, we highly suggest that you take cybersecurity seriously. Start by installing trusted Mac repair tools like Combo Cleaner and Outbyte macAries. You may not appreciate these tools for now. But trust us, they can protect your Mac from threats and keep it problem-free.
Photo Source: https://www.combocleaner.com/