Do you have data and files spread across different online storage platforms like OneDrive and Google Drive? Then you probably know that keeping track of all them can be a headache, let alone keeping them all in sync.
This is where platforms like AOMEI’s MultCloud enters. It’s a web-based portal that allows you to sync or transfer data between online storage services.
What is AOMEI MultCloud?
We know that handling and using different storage platforms can be a daunting process. However, MultCloud can speed up everything for you, integrating different systems and making them available in just one platform.
Simply said, MultCloud is a management platform that allows you to move, manage, and copy your files in various cloud systems and services, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. It is known for its wide array of useful features, including but not limited to:
Pro Tip: Scan your PC for performance issues, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats
that can cause system issues or slow performance.
- Cloud File Manager
- Direct File Transfer
- Data Traffic Management
- Scheduled Transfer
- Security Guarantee
- Multi-Cloud Storage Provider
- Multi-Server Parallel Transmission
So, why use MultCloud? First and foremost, this platform aims to provide strong encryption, accessibility, and integration with the most popular cloud storage providers. It allows users to use different accounts without having to sign in repeatedly. The platform itself bypasses the need to access different websites to access files and documents.
What’s more, this platform can be used for free with up to 2 GB of data per month. This is already enough for an average computer user.
How to Use AOMEI MultCloud
Using AOMEI’s MultCloud platform is easy. Refer to the guide below for an easy guide.
To get started with using MultCloud, visit the official MultCloud website. If you don’t wish to sign up yet, hover over the Sign Up button and select Experience Without Signing Up. Otherwise, click the Sign Up button and register.
Adding Cloud Storage Website
At this point, the MultCloud Cloud Explorer should appear. Click the Add Cloud Drives option to begin adding your cloud storage websites. In the next screen, choose the site that you wish to add. Take note that you can only select and add a site one at a time.
Next, you must grant MultCloud permission to access the site. After that, click the Add Account button.
Now, sign in to the website using your account credentials and authorize access. If successful, the site will appear in the Cloud Explorer, displaying all your stored folders and files.
Repeat the steps for all other cloud storage sites you wish to include. If you are done, all the sites that you have added should appear under Cloud Explorer. A snapshot will reveal the total used storage for each website.
If you want to navigate around the folders to see the files you have saved, simply use the navigation arrows.
Previewing the Files
To preview certain file types, just double-click on it. If the file is supported, then you can see its preview right away. Otherwise, a preview window will show the general details of the file.
Encrypting and Sharing Files with a Password
If you want to encrypt the files with a password or share it with other users, right-click on the file and select Go to the Official Site. You will be directed to the official storage site of the file, where you can copy the actual file location.
Uploading Files and Folders
To upload files or folders from your computer, click the Upload button. You can then upload an item by going to its actual location or by dragging and dropping it.
Syncing Files and Folders
To sync folders, click on the Cloud Sync button at the top-most part of the screen. Find the source and destination folders. Select the sync type: one-way or two-way. After that, click the Sync Now button. The synchronization process should now begin.
AOMEI MultCloud Pros and Cons
AOMEI’s MultCloud platform comes with benefits and challenges. We’ve listed some of them below.
- Reduced Dependency – It deploys applications and platforms for different cloud storage providers.
- Hybrid Platform – It is a platform that allows the private and public sharing of files and folders.
- Convenience – One of the most obvious advantages of using MultCloud is convenience. Users need not sign in to all cloud storage platforms.
- Free to Use – AOMEI’s MultCloud is free to use. However, users have the option to upgrade should they need more storage space in the future. The paid version also comes with advanced features that are ideal for power users.
- User-Friendly Interface – MultCloud’s interface is easy to navigate. All features and functions can be accessed right away.
- Easy Syncing – What users love most about MultCloud is it comes with a great selection of connectors that are compatible with various cloud storage platforms.
- Cloud Service Integration Made Easy – MultCloud is an excellent tool for connecting and integrating cloud-based services, such as Amazon, Dropbox, and Google Drive. It works as a platform where you can manage all different services altogether.
- Dated Interface – It seems that MultCloud’s interface has to be improved.
- Lacks 2FA Authentication – For those concerned with security, the lack of two-factor authentication feature is something that sounds alarming. After all, it’s a platform where you can access your important cloud documents and files.
- No Desktop Apps – Unfortunately, AOMEI’s MultCloud does not have a desktop app available yet. Hopefully, the developers will introduce one soon for better accessibility.
- Occasional Bugs – Some users have reportedly encountered bugs with the platform, though the developers already said that they are constantly fixing and updating the service for better user experience.
If you are looking to connect different cloud storage services together or sync files between them, then MultCloud can make it possible. It’s even quick and reliable, offering you a whole lot of perks and features without having to pay anything. Perhaps, the lack of two-factor authentication is its only drawback, especially if you are keen on security.
What do you think about AOMEI’s MultCloud platform? Is it worth investing in or it’s just another aspiring platform that needs more features? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!