Are your browser searches constantly being redirected to Z6airr.com? If that is the case, a browser hijacker has successfully been installed on your PC.
A browser hijacker is a form of malware entity that modifies your browser’s settings without your permission. It injects annoying advertisements into your browser and pushes notifications and pop-ups that affect your user experience. It also replaces your existing home page with a particular website, in the case of Z6airr is Z6airr.com, to increase the advertising revenue.
Z6airr.com is classified as a browser hijacker. When installed on your PC, it will change the default search engine to z6airr.com and redirect all your search queries to the same site. If you click on any of the search results, you will then be taken to search.yahoo.com. The aim of this browser hijacker is to generate advertising revenue by simply taking advantage of Yahoo’s search results.
What Does Z6airr.com Do?
In addition to changing your browser’s default settings, the Z6airr.com browser hijacker tracks your search queries and displays random advertisements. It even installs a malicious program or browser extensions without your permission.
Once inside your system, Z6airr.com may also append additional links on top of your displayed search results. Again, this is done for the sole reason of tracking your online behavior.
Where Did Z6airr.com Come From?
The use of unfair distribution tactics is one of the primary reasons why you find the Z6airr.com browser hijacker on your system. If you don’t pay close attention to the programs and apps you download, as well as the installation process, you may end up installing an unwanted program.
In some cases, users may unknowingly install suspicious apps and programs by clicking on dubious ads and notifications. They can also get them from visiting insecure websites. For instance, one can install the Z6airr.com browser hijacker after accidentally clicking on an ad.
Regardless of how this browser hijacker has infiltrated your system, you can easily identify its presence because of the following:
- Visible changes on your web browser’s homepage
- Search queries are redirected to z6airr.com, then to Yahoo
- Suspicious sponsored links appear on top of your search results
- An increased amount of notifications and advertisements on the sites you visit
- Unknown browser extensions installed
- Odd processes running in the background
How to Remove Z6airr.com
The easiest way to remove the Z6airr.com browser hijacker is to run an anti-malware software program that is known to protect your PC against spyware, ransomware, malware, and other sorts of internet threats. However, if it’s not available at the moment, you can try to get rid of the browser hijacker manually by following the instructions below:
Step 1: Remove Z6airr.com from Programs and Features.
First, navigate to Programs and Features and uninstall any suspicious applications and programs you don’t remember installing. For a detailed guide on what to do, refer to the instructions below.
- Click Start.
- Select Settings and choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose Z6airr.com.
- Hit Remove.
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features and choose Uninstall a Program.
- Find and click Z6airr.com.
- Hit Uninstall.
Windows 8 and 10:
- Press and hold the Windows + X keys.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Choose Z6airr.com.
- Hit Uninstall.
- Click Go and select Applications.
- Drag any unwanted application to Trash.
- Right-click on Trash and choose Empty Trash.
Step 2: Remove Z6airr.com from File Explorer.
Before you continue with this step, we recommend that you seek guidance from experienced computer users. This is because you might accidentally delete an important system file, which may only result in more issues in the long run.
In case malicious programs don’t appear in Programs and Features, navigate to the following folders:
- %Program Files(x86)%
If you notice folders and files that seem suspicious, check what’s inside and google their names to know if they’re legitimate. Delete those that are associated with malware entities.
Step 3: Remove the Z6airr.com browser hijacker from your browser.
Finally, remove the browser hijacker from your browsers. See below for a detailed guide.
- Click on the three-dotted menu at the upper right corner of the window.
- Go to More Tools > Extensions.
- Select Remove to uninstall an extension.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking Remove.
- Go to the menu and choose Add-ons.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab.
- Hit the Remove button to uninstall an add-on.
- Go to the menu and select Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab.
- Click on an extension you want to delete and hit Uninstall.
- Press the CTRL + Shift + E keys to launch the Extensions Manager.
- Remove an add-on by clicking the X button beside it.
- Hit OK to confirm.
How to Prevent Browser Hijacker Attacks
The online realm may not be a safe place, but you shouldn’t let malicious threats stop you from accessing and enjoying this vast space. You can always take preventative measures to ensure your online security and safety.
Here are some tips we suggest to guarantee your online protection:
- Install a powerful anti-malware program that can detect and eliminate browser hijackers and other dangerous programs.
- Make sure your Windows firewall is enabled.
- Keep your web browser and operating system updated. Malware developers will always find ways to exploit loopholes and vulnerabilities. By installing updates, you reduce the chances of malware penetration.
- Block pop-ups by adjusting your web browser’s settings.
- Download and install adblockers to block annoying third-party advertisements on websites.
- Think before you click. This applies to links you see on forums, emails, and comment sections. Most of the time, these are only spam links that redirect you to fraudulent sites.
- Do not download applications and software programs from unverified websites. There is a high chance of downloading Trojans in these places.
- When you install freeware, do not rush the process. Choose the Advanced Installation option to see if there are third-party apps that are going to be installed. If possible, read the End User License Agreement, too.
Z6airr.com is not the only browser hijacker that is out there, so you have to be extra cautious. If, in the unfortunate event, you suspect that this browser hijacker has successfully been installed on your system, consider the Z6airr.com removal instructions above.
Do you know other ways to remove browser hijackers like Z6airr.com? Share them with us in the comments.
Vic is a search engine optimization expert, helping to optimize websites to make them more user-friendly. He’s been in the industry for more than 10 years, and his work speaks a lot about his experience and expertise in the IT and digital marketing fields.
Vic is the one in charge of keeping our website running smoothly and efficiently, to make sure that our readers have a wonderful experience while visiting the website. He’s good at troubleshooting errors and fixing Windows issues that come up either when playing games or working on the computer.
Vic is a certified gadget freak who feels the need to surround himself with cutting-edge technology. And this passion has helped him a lot in creating content that informs and guides users on using and troubleshooting the latest technology. He is an avid researcher who is always hungry for the latest news and updates on the most cutting-edge technology.