What is AccessibleBoost?
AccessibleBoost is a type of malicious application belonging to the group called adware.
This malicious application injects pop-ups, adverts, and notifications to your browser every time you go online. A lot of adverts begin to appear on your screen so that you don’t even access the information you are looking for when you visit a website.
What does AccessibleBoost do? The adware changes your browser settings, making it almost impossible to ensure data privacy. Your search can easily be redirected to a fraudulent site, exposing you to hacking.
If you suspect you have this adware on your device, continue reading to learn how to remove it with ease.
AccessibleBoost Removal Instructions
Remove AccessibleBoost from Your Browser
AccessibleBoost may exist on your Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browser as a malicious extension. Follow these steps to remove the adware from your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the three dots appearing on the right upper corner of your Chrome browser.
- Click on More Tools, then select Extensions.
- Choose all extensions you want to clear then click on Remove on the dialogue box.
If you are using Firefox browser, you can remove the AccessibleBoost adware by following these steps:
- Go to your Firefox menu.
- Click on Add-ons.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab.
- Click on the Remove button close to each extension.
Clear all Malicious Files on Your Device
Sometimes it is more complicated removing AccessibleBoost from your Mac computer if you don’t know where exactly it is located. In this case, you should scan your device and delete all files that you suspect to be malicious.
Here is how to go about this process:
- Reboot your device in Safe Mode before you proceed. When your device is in Safe Mode, no app can run automatically, and this limits the AccessibleBoost activities. You can access Safe Mode by holding the SHIFT button during the reboot.
- If you have an anti-virus installed on your Mac, you can run a complete system scan. Your anti-virus or scanner will most likely identify AccessibleBoost as a malicious program, adware, or Adload.
- Sometimes the adware hides in library folders, making it hard for scanners to detect and remove them. As long as your Mac is in Safe Mode, you can easily detect the adware and remove it manually by deleting. Delete any suspicious file with suspicious names like EngeSearch, com.Que, ConnectionIndexer, etc.
Check Your Device’s Operating System (OS)
If you want to remove AccessibleBoost from your device, you must go an extra mile and delete everything in the System Preference that you did not add there. Here is how to go about this:
- Access System Network on your device.
- Go to Advanced Settings, then Proxies.
- Select proxies and check if you forgot to do that. Browsing on proxies minimize the risk of adware hijacking your browser.
You can also remove all items that you did not add on your system profiles by clicking on the minus (-) button found at the bottom of your window. AccessibleBoost uses Profiles to hijack browsers and redirect your connection to fraudulent sites. Also, you can click on Users & Groups then Login Items to select and delete all extensions or items that you did not add to your Mac.
Tips to Prevent AccessibleBoost from Infecting Your Mac
Protecting your Mac from AccessibleBoost and other types of malware is always the right thing to do. If you want to protect your Mac from adware you can:
- Install a reliable Mac repair tool in your device. Having more than one scanner can keep your device safe round-the-clock.
- Malware creators are always on the watch for any slight OS vulnerabilities they can use to send Trojans and malware to your device. You should, therefore, update your browser and anti-virus whenever it prompts you to do so.
- Block all third-party adverts on sites by installing ad block or any other similar extension to your browser.
- When downloading your software, you must ensure the website you are downloading from is legitimate. Most affiliate sites bundle unwanted programs on the download link. You can easily download malware that looks like a useful application.
AccessibleBoost is one of the most challenging adware to handle, especially if you are a first time Mac user. It is vital to protect your device from the adware by installing Mac cleaning software to scan your computer and remove junk files.
Removing adware from your device should not be that confusing if you follow the tips we have shared here. Following the above instructions will help in the AccessibleBoost removal process.
If you’re running into errors and your system is suspiciously slow, your computer needs some maintenance work. Download Outbyte PC Repair for Windows, Outbyte Antivirus for Windows, or Outbyte MacRepair for macOS to resolve common computer performance issues.
Fix computer troubles by downloading the compatible tool for your device.