You’ve probably encountered the 0x80073DOA error message–that is why you’re here. But what is this error code all about?
The 0x80073DOA Error Code
The error code 0x80073DOA is used by the Windows operating system to alert users and programmers to a problem. It is actually triggered by a misconfigured system file. Once it shows, thousands of lines of error code spread in different places in a computer, including in Windows 10 apps.
This error is also associated with a Windows Store specific bug check. It occurs on computers, mobile phones, and tablets. However, most users have reported that this error mostly attacks devices that run the Windows 10 operating system.
According to them, the error appears whenever they try to install or update a certain app from the Windows Store. It is worth noting, though, that the problem is not directly related to the apps. Thus, it won’t matter what app or software you are trying to download. The error code will show anyway once it detects that there is a problem with your operating system or if there is any Windows Store app cache damaged.
Pro Tip: Scan your PC for performance issues, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats
that can cause system issues or slow performance.
Although decoding and fixing the error may sometimes require a deep knowledge and understanding of IT, know that it can still be repaired through simple solutions, which will be discussed further below.
More often, the error code will display on your screen as letter, number, or character combinations, each representing a particular error that is occurring. While some of the common errors can be resolved by using the built-in Windows diagnostics tool, others may require help from somebody who is familiar with the Windows operating system.
Then again, if the error code occurs after any Windows Store-related activity, it can be fixed by simply clearing your Windows Store cache or restarting the Windows Update services. Don’t worry because as promised, we will explain all the solutions below.
What Triggers the 0x80073DOA Error Code?
The error code 0x80073doa is caused by damage in your Windows system files. When a system file is damaged or corrupted, it eventually poses a threat to a computer, hence error messages show up.
There are many events that can result in system file errors. They can be caused by an incomplete installation of software from the Windows Store or an improper deletion of an app. They can also show if your computer has just recovered from a malware attack or after an improper shutdown. All the mentioned activities can cause your Windows system files to be corrupted, which will then lead to the occurrence of the 0x80073DOA error code.
How to Fix the 0x80073DOA Error Code
There are four common ways to fix the 0x80073DOA error code. They are as follows:
Fix #1: Clear the Windows Store cache.
Sometimes, clearing the Windows Store cache will get rid of the problem. To do so, follow these steps:
- Run the command prompt by pressing the keys Windows + R.
- In the text field, input exe and press Enter.
- If this does not work, try to register again to the Windows Store. Do this by pressing the Windows + X keys and then selecting the Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the text field, enter PowerShell –ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted and press
- Paste this command: $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
Fix #2: Switch off the Windows Firewall and your anti-virus software.
It does not matter what anti-virus software you have installed on your computer. What’s important is you disable it temporarily. To switch it off, you have to terminate all its processes in the Task Manager first. And then, disable it from the taskbar. Once done, you can turn off your Windows Firewall by following these steps:
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link menu and click Control Panel.
- Find the Windows Firewall and click on its icon.
- Find the Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option and click on it.
- If asked, enter your admin password and click
- Next, switch off your Windows Firewall for both private and public networks.
- Save changes by clicking
- Check if the Windows Store 0x80073DOA error has been removed.
Fix #3: Check your Date and Time Settings.
An incorrect date or time setting can sometimes cause a Windows Store crash. Thus, to prevent that, check if your computer Date and Time settings are correct. Here’s how:
- Click the Windows + I keys to open
- Locate Date and Time.
- Check if your current date and time settings are correct. If not, you have to update and change them.
- For troubleshooting purposes, it is advised to switch off the Set time automatically Once the issue is resolved, switch it on again.
Fix #4: Try to reinstall the Windows Store app.
If the first three fixes did not work, your last resort is to reinstall the Windows Store app and then install all updates available for Windows 10. Below is a step-by-step guide:
- Press the Windows + R keys and enter PowerShell in the text field.
- Right-click on the search result and choose Run as Administrator.
- Enter Get-Appxpackage –Allusers and hit
- Look for the Windows Store entry and copy its package name. You can use the Ctrl + C command to do so.
- And then, enter the Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode
- Reopen PowerShell with administrative privileges.
- Input the command: Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode
- Reboot your system and see if the error still persists.
Other Important Tips
Of course, it is your responsibility as the owner to maintain your computer properly. You should check it every now and then for any damaged registry entries, corrupted or missing system files. We would highly suggest installing Outbyte PC Repair. By running a thorough scan through it, you can easily find any files and applications that are causing speed and stability problems on your computer.
Do you know other ways to fix the error code 0x80073DOA? We’d like to know. Share them with us below!