NVIDIA is among the leading graphics processing unit designers in the computer gaming industry. From hardware to innovative gaming software platforms, NVIDIA sure knows how to create products that provide an enhanced gaming experience.
Recently, the company introduced NVIDIA Gamestream technology, a move to deliver an out-of-the-box gaming experience. The software harnesses the power of GeForce Experience to hone game settings. But that doesn’t mean users have a flawless experience. Many gamers have complained about the error code 47439999 while using the software. It occurs when they attempt to play a game using the NVIDIA Gamestream technology.
What is Error Code 47439999 with GameStream?
When the error code 47439999 with Gamestream occurs, an NVIDIA Experience Window pops up displaying the message. Closing the window will shut down the game and the co-op session. This error can be frustrating and must be immediately sorted out.
What Causes the Error Code 47439999 with GameStream?
This error can be caused by several things. But based on our analysis, these are among the most common culprits:
Pro Tip: Scan your PC for performance issues, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats
that can cause system issues or slow performance.
- Corrupt Cache in Chrome. Considering that NVIDIA utilizes Chrome’s infrastructure for co-op interactions, the error is likely to occur when the cached data stored by the browser is bad.
- Ports for GameStream are not forwarded. This means that GameStream is trying to use unworking ports. In such a case, it’s best to forward the ports or enable UPnP if supported by your router.
- Conflict within NVIDIA Service. The error can also occur if there is a conflict between the GameStream feature and NVIDIA Experience Service. The solution to this issue is to halt all services before launching GameStream.
- Shared IPv4 Address. If the shared IPv4 address from your ISP gets flagged by the game streaming feature, the error is bound to occur. A VPN can help ease the issue under such a scenario.
How to Fix GameStream Error Code 47439999
Solution #1: Delete Temporary Files
Clearing temporary files can help solve the issue. Actually, it can also help solve other underlying computer problems. Since the GameStream technology revolves around Chrome, you don’t have a choice but to use this browser if you want to enjoy GameStream services. If your Chrome browser has a problem, the GameStream Error Code 47439999 might reflect.
Corrupt cache stored in the corresponding NVIDIA Experience folder usually offsets GameStream. Clearing the cache and cookies will help solve the problem. Here’s how:
- Close all programs associated with the GameStream technology.
- Launch Google Chrome and close all other tabs except for the one you’re currently on.
- Click on the 3-dotted icon at the top-right to access the context menu.
- Now, click on Settings before selecting the Advanced button.
- Go to the Privacy and Security tab and select Clear browsing data.
- Click on the Basic tab and tick the boxes related to Cached images and files as well as Cookies and other side data.
- Configure the time range to All time from the dropdown menu.
- Start the operation by selecting Clear data.
- Wait for the procedure to complete, and then restart the computer.
Solution #2: Forward Ports Utilized by GameStream
Blocked ports can be the cause of the error. Your firewall or router can be the one blocking the forwarding of these ports. The first approach is to enable the Universal Plug and Play feature on your router. The steps to do so come from the manufacturer of your router and they differ depending on the brand. Regardless, you should be able to enable UPnP from the Settings menu, then access the Advanced tab.
If your router does not support UPnP, don’t despair. You can manually forward the used ports. Follow the instructions below if you don’t know how to forward the required ports.
- Open your browser and go to the following address:
192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
- Login to your router by inserting your admin credentials. These are underneath your router or in a separate sheet provided by the distributor.
Note: If you changed the default login credentials, you can reset the browser back to its original state.
- Once you have gained access, go to the Advanced menu. Expand it to reveal a section titled NAT Forwarding or Port Forwarding.
- Now, check for the feature that lets you add ports to the list.
- Forward the following ports:
- Once done, save the changes and restart the entire machine. Check if the GameStream Error Code 47439999 still occurs.
Solution #3: Disable All NVIDIA Services
The solution may seem weird but it works anyhow. To fix the issue, access the Task Manager. Then find all services related to NVIDIA before launching the GameStream feature. The problem likely stems from a corrupt NVIDIA Experience service.
To disable all NVIDIA-related services, follow these steps:
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys, and then select Task Manager.
- Now, go to the Services tab and select the Description column.
- Find all NVIDIA services and right-click on each. Select Stop from the context menu. Make sure you repeat the same process on all NVIDIA services that are running.
- Once done, close the Task Manager window and attempt launching the NVIDIA GameStream feature.
Solution #4: Get a VPN
As already indicated, the error code 47439999 with GameStream can occur due to a shared IPv4 clashing with the NVIDIA share functionality. If that is the case, installing a VPN can help solve the problem. Choose a trusted and reputable VPN service provider. An excellent VPN should be able to meet the following requirements:
- Mustn’t make your ping too high to tarnish your gaming experience
- Has faster download and upload speeds
- Does not keep a record of your activity
- Does not have compatibility issues
Most of the issues above can be avoided by keeping your computer clean and tidy. For instance, if you install a PC repair software, it can detect corrupt cache data. In the same instance, it will get rid of temporary files. Such software can address a range of computer issues. It can also optimize your PC’s performance and keep your security as well as privacy at low risk. As a gamer, keeping a safe and tidy computer is the best way to achieve the best gaming experience.