Do you constantly see a virus & threat protection message that says, “Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization” on your Windows 10 computer? Don’t worry because we understand how frustrating this error could be. That is why we decided to come up with possible solutions for getting rid of the error message.
How to Get Rid of the Virus & Threat Protection Message
The Windows 10 error “Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization” may appear difficult to fix. However, many Windows 10 users have found success in getting rid of the error. They simply followed some quick and easy solutions, which we have listed below:
1. Scan Your Registry.
It is possible that the error is triggered by a problem with your registry files. To check and scan for any corrupt or damaged registry files, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Start menu.
- In the search bar, input regedit.
- Hit Enter.
- If prompted, provide your administrator login details.
- Proceed by clicking Yes.
- The Windows Registry Editor should open now. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.
- Export this section to a REG file.
- Right-click on Windows Defender.
- Select Delete.
- Navigate to this section: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Advanced Threat Protection.
- Right-click on Windows Advanced Threat Protection.
- Hit Delete.
- Restart your computer.
Take note, though, that making changes to your registry may cause irreversible damage to your computer. To ensure you don’t mess up, we suggest that you download and install a trusted registry cleaner. With it, you can effectively and safely remove invalid registry entries, fix them, and get your computer running smooth again.
2. Clear System Space.
The error sometimes appears because your system no longer has enough system space to perform important actions. If this is the case, we recommend the installation of a reliable PC repair tool. Use it to delete unnecessary files, junk, and cache files hanging around your system.
If you don’t fancy using a third-party tool, use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool on your Windows 10 device. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Select All Programs.
- Navigate to Accessories and choose System Tools.
- Click Disk Cleanup.
- Choose which file types you would like to remove. If you are uncertain which file types to delete, click on each one of them and read their corresponding descriptions.
- Once you have selected the file types to delete, hit OK.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
You can also clear valuable system space the manual way. Go through all your existing files and folders and start archiving or removing large or unwanted files. If there are outdated applications, uninstall them as well. However, if you choose this manual method, know that it will be very time-consuming. Make sure you extend your patience.
3. Scan for Malware.
Oftentimes, the “Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization” error surfaces due to a malware entity or a virus that has successfully infiltrated into your system.
To keep malware at bay, you may use the built-in scanning tool on your Windows 10 computer: Windows Defender. This tool can effectively remove malware from your PC in just a few clicks. Follow the steps below on how to use it:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Choose Settings and click Update & Security.
- Select Windows Defender.
- In the Windows Defender menu, navigate to the Virus & Threat Protection section.
- Click Advanced Scan.
- Hit Scan Now to initiate a malware scan. This may take about 15 minutes to complete. After that, your computer will restart.
- Once your computer has completely rebooted, repeat steps 1 to 3.
- Click the Open Windows Defender Security Center button.
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection.
- Choose Scan History. From here, you should be able to see the results of the scan.
In most cases, Windows Defender will automatically remove infected files and quarantine the malware. You don’t have to do anything anymore.
To be sure, you can also use a third-party anti-malware tool to run a scan and get rid of malware on your Windows 10 computer. It will protect your computer against any malicious items, even those you never knew existed. It will also scan every aspect of your computer, including the browser extensions, registry, and Task Scheduler, for threats and allow you to safely remove them.
4. Consult a Certified Windows Technician.
If you are not confident with your troubleshooting skills, you can always let a certified Windows technician fix the error message for you. Just take your computer to an accredited service center and have any of the technicians look into your problem. They should then give you suggestions or recommendations how to resolve it.
The “Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization” error may not immediately cause fatal damage to your computer. But as they always say, prevention is better than cure. You should resolve it as soon as you see it to keep more Windows 10 errors from showing. Hopefully, you will find success in fixing the problem by following the solutions we have listed above.
Which of the solutions above worked for you? Do you know other possible fixes that others can try? Let us know about them below!