Do you have an important meeting to attend, but you left your laptop at home? Don’t worry because there are remote access software programs today that allow you to remotely control your device from another computer. When we say remote access, we mean remote control where you can control the mouse and keyboard and use the computer you have just connected to as if it’s your own.
Here, we look into one of the most popular remote access software programs today: TeamViewer. Check out our short and unbiased TeamViewer review.
Developed in Germany in 2005, TeamViewer is a software application that is designed for remote control, file transfer, and desktop sharing between devices. It is compatible with various platforms, including macOS, Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux.
What Does TeamViewer Do?
This software application is helpful in supporting customers, working with offshore colleagues, and connecting to your own device from a distance. It also supports organizations and helps address specific needs from online business meetings, backup, web conferences, and a lot more.
Is TeamViewer Safe to Use?
TeamViewer is a safe software application that does not pose any threats to a device. Because it is a well-known and widely used software, security measures have been applied. Unless you download and use a pirated version of the software, then you might be at risk.
The Best Features of TeamViewer
Here are some of the best features of TeamViewer:
- Remote Device Control – It allows you to control a remote computer or device as if you are sitting in front of it.
- Cross-Platform Access – It can connect to different platforms, be it PC to PC, PC to mobile, or mobile to mobile.
- VPN Alternative – It makes a great alternative to VPN, thanks to its scalability and enterprise-class security.
- iOS Screen Sharing – It allows you to use your mobile device to connect to your computer from anywhere.
- Remote Printing – It lets you print documents locally, from the remote device that you’re accessing.
- Flexible File Sharing Options – It allows you to transfer files of any size from cloud storage or computer.
TeamViewer Pros and Cons
Like all other remote access software programs, TeamViewer has its own fair share of pros and cons. Here are some:
- It allows an easy file transfer between computers.
- It supports voice transmission and video-chat.
- It is compatible with different platforms.
- It allows you to drag and drop files from one device to another.
- It does not have a free version.
- It cannot share files with huge sizes.
- It sometimes lags.
- It does not work via proxy servers.
- Both devices need to install the software.
How to Use TeamViewer
Is it your first time using TeamViewer? Then it is likely that you are in any of these scenarios:
- You need help with your computer.
- You are the one who needs to connect to a computer to do something.
Regardless of the situation, here’s what you should do:
- First, make sure you have TeamViewer installed on both devices.
- Open TeamViewer by clicking the TeamViewer icon.
- Wait while TeamViewer sets up your ID and password. The information will then be displayed on your screen. Feel free to change the password or set a customized one if you like.
- If you wish others to control your computer, provide them with the PC ID and password on your screen. Wait as they try to access your computer. If you are the person who wants to connect to the device, input your computer ID’s information, and hit Connect.
- Once the information is correct, TeamViewer will display the screen of the computer you are connecting to.
TeamViewer is truly an amazing software application that allows you to do and accomplish a lot of things. Although it seems like a complicated tool, it’s actually very user-friendly. Try it yourself!
Want to know more about TeamViewer? Then visit the official TeamViewer Support Community.