There is so much choice for VPN services, which makes choosing one a tough activity. If you have settled for Surfshark VPN, you have made the right decision. Surfshark VPN is one of the best VPNs on the market today based on its features, abilities, security protocols, device compatibility, and pricing.
Here, we’ve detailed the key insights about Surfshark VPN, including how to use it. We will also try to understand why it is rated as one of the best VPN service providers.
How Can Surfshark VPN Be Defined?
Surfshark is a known, well-rounded VPN service provider. Surfshark claims to be one of the best VPN service providers. It is great for anonymous browsing, Netflix, torrenting, and keeping you safe on public WiFi. Well, that’s true, and here is why.
Surfshark is currently the cheapest premium VPN service available. However, cheap doesn’t mean best. This is why we look at the features to see what it can provide for you. Here are the features of Sufshark VPN:
- Kill Switch: ensures that all downloads and uploads go through the VPN server and turns off the internet if the VPN connection drops.
- Diamond-strong, military-grade encryption: to guard your personal data using the industry-leading AES-256-GCM encryption. This is the highest level of protection available on VPN platforms and guarantees you absolute privacy and data security.
- Private DNS and leak protection: Surfshark’s embedded IPv6 stack protect your traffic to ensure your safety and privacy online.
- Strict no-logs policy: Surfshark guarantees users a no-log-policy, ensuring that it doesn’t collect connection or activity logs to guarantee your online anonymity.
- Double VPN: MultiHop mode – Surfshark’s Double VPN version – offers split tunneling functionality which routes your traffic through two separate servers instead of just one. This adds you an extra layer of encryption.
- HackLock: enables you to monitor your passwords and email for any security breaches.
- Fast and reliable connection speeds offer you decent download speeds, streaming in HD, fast browsing, and unlimited bandwidth.
- All servers of Surfshark VPN support P2P, except in countries that don’t allow torrenting.
- Blind Search is Surfshark’s private and ad-free search tool and doesn’t record or track history because of the no-logs policy.
- Camouflage Mode: will help you bypass a firewall or hide your VPN to make it look like regular traffic under deep packet inspection (DPI).
- Ad Blocker: Surfshark’s built-in ad, malware, and tracker blocker is called CleanWeb. With a clean web, you won’t need to worry about annoying threats to your privacy.
- NoBorders Mode: allows you to access geo-restricted and heavily-censored regions, such as China. It gives you a special list of servers that can help you bypass these restrictions.
- Compatibility: Surfshark has apps for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. You can also manually install it on supported network routers.
As it appears, Surfshark has all the features that a VPN should have, but at very affordable prices. Additionally, Surfshark has a live chat support feature where a customer care expert will help you sort any issue you may have.
How to Use Surfshark VPN?
First of all, before you start using your Surfshark VPN, you must download the client. How to use the Surfshark VPN will depend on your device and operating system. However, the standard procedure is:
- Download the VPN from the official Surfshark website, and choose your plan (ensure you’ve downloaded the right version.)
- Install the Surfshark VPN client on your system, following the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Connect your device to the internet and set the VPN on.
- Set your server location depending on the content you want to access.
- Ensure you enable the Kill Switch feature to protect your privacy.
- Configure your VPN protocol settings.
- You can also set the VPN on your browser extensions.
- Use the Multi-hop feature if you crave extra security.
- Select other settings you feel appropriate to serve your particular needs.
Surfshark VPN Review
Budget VPNs must not be weak in terms of security, feature-free service, and Surfshark is proof. It provides advanced functionality at less the price of many of its competitors. Surfshark does an equally good job in protecting user privacy as it does on keeping you safe. It’s easy to use and provides secure and speedy torrenting.
However, security only works well when accompanied by trust. If you feel Surfshark doesn’t meet your trust demands in terms of features, abilities, security protocols, device compatibility, and pricing, then look elsewhere.
Surfshark VPN Pros and Cons
- Wide range of security features
- Kill Switch
- Blazing fast speed
- Unlimited bandwidths and no connection limits
- Strict no-log policy
- Torrenting friendly servers
- Affordable prices and money-back guarantee
- Supportive customer care
- The trial version is for Mac and Mobile apps only
- Limited network provision
- Some servers are slower than others
Regardless of your device or OS, using Surfshark VPN is straightforward. It is affordable and user friendly, and it has all the main features that a VPN should have to give you the best experience. You can explore the Surfshark VPN app to know and use all its functionalities without any challenge.
Now that you know Surfshark VPN and how to use it, we are glad this information has been helpful. Have we left out anything, or do you have any questions or concerns? Kindly share through the comments section.