Do you think that the default Notepad app on your Windows device is boring and dull? Then it’s high time for you to try and check out Notepad Next. Read on this honest Notepad Next review that we have put up just for you.
About Notepad Next
Notepad Next is an app replacement for the classic Notepad. Although its function is the same, it looks more elegant and works flawlessly.
So, what does Notepad Next do? Here are some of the app’s best features:
- It has tabs that allow working on multiple documents at once.
- Close the app at any time and you can launch it again without losing any unsaved changes.
- It supports touch features, allowing users to smoothly navigate between documents by just swiping.
- It is not linked to the cloud, which is ideal for privacy-conscious individuals.
- It has a great and user-friendly interface.
- It allows you to work with files created on different operating systems.
- It supports both Windows and Unix line-endings.
Pros and Cons of Notepad Next
Not sure whether or not to use Notepad Next? Check out the pros and cons of this app:
- It is easy to use.
- It is free to download.
- The developers are no longer releasing updates for the app.
- There is not enough information on how to use it.
How to Use Notepad Next?
If you know how to use Notepad, then you sure know how to use Notepad Next. But just in case you need help, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Make sure Notepad Next is installed on your PC. Once you have verified that it has been installed, open it by typing Notepad Next into the search field. And then, hit Enter. Click on the first matching result.
- Now, start exploring the interface. You will see a simple screen with a set of text editing options.
- Feel free to type any information in the blank workspace.
Top Alternatives to Notepad Next
Because Notepad Next is already a bit outdated, you can also consider using other alternatives. Here are some of the best that we can recommend:
An open-source text editor, Notepad++ is perhaps the most popular alternative to Notepad Next. It uses STL and Win32 API to execute both simple and complicated tasks. This powerful text editor has other amazing features, such as an improved search tool, line numbers, multi-tabs, and spell checker.
Originally designed for coding, this tool can also support different programming languages, including HTML, C, C++, C#, Objective C, and XML.
The only downside of using this text editor is that it is ad-supported, meaning it may display random ads while using.
At first look, you will think that Notepad2 is Notepad. But it’s not. This text editor has a number of extra features, including syntax highlighting, search-and-replace, auto indenting, and line numbering.
It also allows users to write formatted codes in different web programming languages like HTML, Perl, CSS, ASP, PHP, and JS.
Notepad Next is truly an amazing text editor. However, it has no longer received security or feature updates for years. So, it would be best to consider other alternatives instead to spare you from possible problems in the future.
Now, regardless of what text editor you prefer to use, it is always a smart move to run regular scans. This way, you can keep your PC running in an immaculate condition. Of course, malware scans should be a top priority. But you should never forget about scanning your internal files. Do this with the help of a PC repair tool.
Have you used Notepad Next? What do you think about it? Let us know your thoughts below!