Iolo System Mechanic is a Windows optimization product used to clean unwanted files and cookies from your computer. The clearing causes the computer to stabilize and speed up, giving it an overall performance boost. It does so by deleting all junk files, defragmenting the hard drive, altering CPU and RAM usage, and executing other performance-enhancing processes. All this happens in just a few clicks, and we’ll see how in the next section.
How to Use Iolo System Mechanic?
Whenever you notice that your computer isn’t as fast when it’s booting or loading apps like it was when you first bought it, you need to download Iolo System Mechanic. During the installation process, you’ll be prompted to give your email for registration purposes. You will then receive an activation code in your email.
The program asks you to carry out an initial system scan to identify any potential problems, such as junk files taking up too much space. When the scan is complete, click the “Repair All” button to fix all the issues that have been identified. Expect that the first scan, followed by the removal of unwanted files, will take quite some time.
The scan may either be “Quick” or “Deep.” While the first option takes a shorter time, it’s a great option for a quick fix to PC performance problems. The latter takes longer, but is guaranteed to find more deeply hidden problems as it delves into the nitty-gritty of system maintenance and lets you drill down on all the stored files.
Iolo System Mechanic Pros and Cons
- Unlimited licenses
- Choice of scanning options
- Repairs problems in a one-click cleanup process
- Removes bloatware
- Cleans out useless clutter
- Boosts the computer’s speed and overall performance
- Clear, well-detailed analysis
- Features some amazing privacy & security tools
- Backs up the Windows 10 registry
- Optimizes Internet speed
- Some features are not available in the free version requiring you to upgrade to the premium version
Iolo System Mechanic Review
In this section, we are going to review the various features that make Iolo System Mechanic a great tune-up solution. These include:
This optimization product does not leave you in the dark about the actions it’s performing on your files. Every step of the way is clearly explained in simple-to-understand English so that the user knows exactly what action to take and what each control does. It’s almost impossible to go wrong with Iolo System Mechanic. The software is well suited for people who want to give their system a boost but feel that more complex tools are intimidating, and they could accidentally delete files that aren’t supposed to be deleted.
The only issue that people have with Iolo System Mechanic is that the suggestions made for real-time optimizations of the hardware components are only available in premium versions.
Prices and Licenses
The Iolo System Mechanic premium version goes for approximately $50 annually. However, discounts are offered from time to time. The professional version that comes with antivirus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware tools bundled up together with the standard package costs about $70 annually.
This tune-up utility is compatible with computers running Windows XP and Windows 10. You can install it on as many computers as you want, as long as you’re not using it for business purposes. The fact that Iolo System Mechanic boasts unlimited licenses is a huge plus since nowadays, most homes have multiple PCs.
The Cleanup Tools
Iolo System Mechanic cleanup options make a tangible difference. Iolo System Mechanic interface offers users several options, each with its own subcategories. Under those subcategories are specific cleanup tools. Some of them include:
- The “Repair Now” button on the Overview screen
- The CRUDD Remover (Commonly Reduced or Unnecessary Decelerators and Destabilizers)
- PC Accelerator
Upgrading from System Mechanic to System Mechanic Pro gives users access to a more comprehensive PC optimization. These versions offer some amazing tools like:
- LiveBoost which optimize PC performance
- ActiveCare which resolves system issues by removing junk files
- Privacy Shield which switches off Windows data collection and sharing tools
- AcceleWrite which helps in the organization of how data is inscribed on the computers’ HDD or SDD
- IntelliStatus which shows RAM and hard drive data and sends it to the cleaning tools
- Stability Guard which uses codes and algorithms to terminate system threats
- PowerSense which takes over the PC activity and changes the computer’s power settings and processor modes to be equivalent to the task(s) at hand
- Ultra Performance Mode which focuses all processor cores on the task at hand
Iolo System Mechanic is an excellent tune-up utility that has held the top position for years. The most recently released version not only comes with a revamped and more attractive interface and also has lots of improved features. Overall, Iolo System Mechanic is more expensive than its competitors. However, it’s easy to use and comes packed with admirable features that make it worth every dime you spend.