These days, it is hard to find a compatible and reliable tool that can update all device drivers on your PC. With lots of software programs promising this and that, it can be difficult to identify what’s true from what’s not.
Here, we will look into one particular driver updater software: Driver Easy. Hopefully, after reading this, it will be easier for you to decide whether this tool is beneficial or not.
About Driver Easy
Developed by Easeware Technology Limited, Driver Easy is one popular tool that is used to update PC drivers. Like other driver updater tools, it scans and detects any outdated device driver and update it automatically.
What Can Driver Easy Do?
Aside from updating PC drivers, there are other things that Driver Easy can do. These include:
Pro Tip: Run a dedicated PC optimization tool to get rid of incorrect settings, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats that can cause system issues or slow performance.
Scan and Updates
This tool automatically scans old and problematic drivers. It updates them if necessary. And the best thing about this is you can actually schedule the scans.
Backup and Restore
Like other driver updater tools, Driver Easy has a backup and restore feature. This means you can retrieve a backup and restore it when needed. This feature is handy when a specific driver update is causing problems.
The offline scan is a great feature. Even if you are not connected to the internet, you can scan all your installed device drivers and retrieve any piece of information you may need in the future.
Driver Easy’s interface is very user-friendly. All the features are easily accessible. Even a person without technical knowledge will know what buttons to click.
Pros and Cons of Driver Easy
We aim to put up an unbiased Driver Easy review, so we will list down the tool’s pros and cons as well.
- Cheaper and faster than service: Driver Easy is way cheaper than hiring a computer technician. It’s also less intimidating, too!
- Updates for unplugged devices: This tool can also update the drivers of devices that are a part of your system but are not plugged in at the time of the scan. Some examples are phones and removable drives.
- Driver Backup and Restore – You can use this tool to create custom driver backups that can be saved in ZIP files or folders. If required, it can also be used to revert any changes.
- Affordable pricing plans – The pricing plan of Driver Easy starts at $29.99 per year per PC. The license for three PCs cost $59.99. So, it’s really a great deal. Often times, promos are also run. To grab discounts though, you need to stay posted.
- Slow download speeds: There are times when it takes time to download driver updates with Driver Easy.
- Bulk downloading feature is unavailable: Sometimes, we need to download device drivers at once. Sad to say, this tool does not support it yet.
- Features available to premium accounts only: As with other driver updater tools, most features of Driver Easy are available to premium accounts only.
Each program or software has its pros and cons, and each user has unique needs and requirements. So, the choice of whether or not download Driver Easy depends largely on the user. Hopefully, this article has shed some light on the Driver Easy driver updater software. Use this to guide you in making an informed decision.
If you plan to download it in the future, make sure you free up some space on your PC by deleting junk files using a PC repair tool. And then, ensure no malicious entities can affect your PC’s performance by running regular malware scans with a trusted antivirus tool.
Have you tried using Driver Easy, too? How was your experience? Let us know in the comments.