As we all know; new waves of malware entities are being released every now and then. It’s not surprising why cybersecurity companies are constantly improving their software programs to ensure users of the internet are safe and secure.
But what if a malware entity disguises as a legitimate program and advertises itself as a program that wards off malware attacks? Confusing, right?
In this article, we will look into one suspicious anti-malware software that has gotten the attention of many: Anti-Malware Pro 2017.
About Anti-Malware Pro 2017
At first look, you may then think that Anti-Malware Pro 2017 is an anti-malware program that prevents malware attacks and keeps the system protected against existing spyware entities. But does it really do what it claims to do? Is Anti-Malware Pro a legitimate program? Is Anti-Malware Pro safe to use?
Pro Tip: Scan your PC for performance issues, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats
that can cause system issues or slow performance.
Don’t go looking for Anti-Malware Pro reviews just yet. We have answers.
Anti-Malware Pro 2017 is actually a fraudulent application that promotes itself as a tool that can remove malware entities and fix performance issues on Windows devices. The program’s fake system scans your computer and displays misleading and fake results telling you that your device has some serious problems. In order to repair the issue, you will be persuaded to purchase the Anti-Malware Pro product.
How It Infects Windows Computers
Anti-Malware Pro 2017 is classified as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). These programs are those that often come bundled with free software programs that you intentionally downloaded from popular download portals like Cnet, Brothersoft, and Softonic. They can also be installed on your PC without your permission.
How to Remove Anti-Malware Pro 2017 from Your Computer
It can be challenging to remove Anti-Malware Pro 2017 from your computer. However, this does not mean you can’t have it uninstalled.
To remove Anti-Malware Pro 2017, you can use Control Panel. Here’s how:
- Go to Start and select Control Panel.
- Navigate to Programs > Uninstall a Program.
- A new window will pop up with a list of programs currently installed on your computer. Find Anti-Malware Pro 2017 from the list and click on it. And then, select Uninstall/Change.
- You will then be asked to confirm the uninstallation of the program. Click OK to proceed.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to completely uninstall the program.
Alternatively, you can use the built-in scanning tool on your Windows 10 PC: Windows Defender.
To use Windows Defender, follow these steps:
- Go to Windows Security.
- Click Virus and Threat Protection.
- Select Scan options.
- Next, start a quick scan by clicking Windows Defender Offline scan and then selecting Scan Now. Take note that the entire scanning process may take around 15 minutes. After that, your computer will restart.
- Once your computer has fully booted, open Windows Security again.
- Go to Virus and Threat Protection and click Protection History. Here, you will see the malware entities that Windows has detected and removed or quarantined.
How to Prevent Threats Like Anti-Malware Pro 2017
There is nothing wrong with downloading free programs on download portals. What’s important is that you know what you’re getting. Make sure you read the End User License Agreements carefully. Pay close attention to all sections, and if anything seems suspicious, do not proceed with the installation.
Aside from that, it is also smart to check the installation procedure. If you have the custom installation option, choose it as it will often disclose and reveal what other software will be installed.
Most importantly, get your PC a legit and reliable anti-malware program. Download one that will not just protect your PC from malicious entities, but also remove cookies that spy on your online activities.
Threats are everywhere. In fact, even the biggest websites we know like Facebook and Yahoo have once been victims of these unfortunate events. So, don’t be too lax and be on the safe side.
Apart from installing a legit anti-malware program, you may also use a PC repair tool that gets rid of files that cause system and stability issues, as well as protects your privacy from hackers.
Have you been a victim of the Anti-Malware Pro 2017 malware entity before? Share your experience below!