Video conferencing apps are becoming more and more popular today, especially that people need to stay and work at home due to this coronavirus pandemic. They have been helping business owners and individuals to work productively when meeting in-person is not an option.
Among the most popular video conferencing apps today is Zoom.
What is Zoom?
Zoom, a cloud-based video conferencing platform, is widely used for video conference meetings, webinars, audio conferences, and even live chat. It’s currently the most popular video conferencing tool used by companies with less than 500 employees, and the second most popular option next to Skype for companies that have 500 or more employees.
What is a Zoom Meeting?
A Zoom Meeting is the foundation of the platform. It is basically the video conference meeting held using the platform that allows remote or co-located attendees to communicate effortlessly.
You don’t need a Zoom account to attend a Zoom meeting. With this virtual setup, you can meet with potential clients and conduct interviews with remote applicants.
Simply said, a Zoom Meeting is a meeting that is hosted using the Zoom platform.
What Is Zoom Virtual Background?
With the significant rise in the use of the Zoom platform nowadays, the developers decided to improve how meetings are held. They introduced the virtual background feature.
The virtual background feature allows you to change your video background to the outer space or the Eiffel tower. You can also upload a customized photo and use it. Even better, you can hide the clutter behind you and pretend to be somewhere else.
Just take note that you need to meet certain system requirements to be able to change your Zoom virtual background. Now, are you interested in using the virtual background feature in Zoom?
How to Change Zoom’s Virtual Video Background
Changing Zoom’s video background is easy. Let the steps below be your guide:
On a Desktop App
- Open the Zoom app.
- Click on your profile and choose Settings.
- Select Virtual Background. You have the option to choose the outer space scene or a custom one. There is also an option to use a green screen.
- Should you want to upload a photo and use it as your background, go to the Virtual Background Page and click the + icon next to the text that says Choose Virtual Background. A box will then appear allowing you to upload a photo from your PC. Choose one and it will automatically appear alongside other pictures on the app.
On a Mobile App
- Launch the app.
- Log in to your account.
- Join a meeting and tap the three dots at the bottom-right corner of the screen. This will open the More menu.
- Tap the Virtual Background button.
- Choose a background from the list of options. You can also choose to upload your own.
Well, if you’re already working from home, then this tip may come in handy. Zoom has this amazing feature that you can use during those days when you feel that you don’t look your best: beauty filter.
To enable it, click the Up arrow next to the Start Video button. And then, go to My Video and click video settings. Next, check the box next to the Touch Up My Appearance option. That’s it!
The Zoom video conferencing app is indeed handy at times when personal meetings aren’t an option. Hopefully, you can enjoy this app with this little hack that we shared.
To ensure your video conferencing experience is flawless, we suggest that you install an anti-malware tool on your PC. This will keep malware entities from infecting your system files and processes.