Uninstalling an app on your Mac can either be easy or complicated. It basically depends on what program you are trying to get rid of. Usually, a simple drag-and-drop to your laptop’s trash bin is more than enough to uninstall a program. However, there are rare instances when you need to do more to completely uninstall an app or software. Fret not, because we are here to help you how to uninstall software on your Mac.
Uninstall Software the Easy Way
If you want to uninstall a Mac software you downloaded from a certain website, here are the easiest steps to take:
- Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Trash bin.
- Sometimes, you will be asked for a password. Simply type it in and click OK. The app should be deleted by now.
Uninstall Software Using Other Applications
If you’re looking to free up storage space by deleting software, there are various tools you could consider for this purpose. Outbyte macAries is one option that aims to assist with storage management. Make sure it fits your specific storage and software removal needs.
Pro Tip: Scan your Mac for performance issues, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats
that can cause system issues or slow performance.
- Download the installer from Outbyte official website. Install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once activated, launch it and let it go through all of your installed applications, and get rid of those that eat so much space.
Uninstall Software You Purchased from the App Store
To uninstall software you downloaded from the official App Store, here’s what you should do:
- Press the F4 key on your keyboard to activate the Launchpad
- Click the app and hold onto it. Notice that the icons will jiggle and those apps you can uninstall will have an X button at the top left corner of their respective icons.
- Click the X button on the app to delete.
Uninstall Software with Problems
Sometimes, applications and software cannot be uninstalled for reasons like errors and software crashes. In that case, Google is your friend. Perform a quick search by typing in ‘uninstaller for [app name]’. Most likely, you will find an uninstaller provided by the developer. Better yet, you can find a more comprehensive uninstallation guide.
The perks of uninstalling malicious software you no longer need are enormous. Aside from having more storage space for saving photos and videos, removing any unnecessary software will help make your device more secure and run faster. Luckily for us, Mac offers a plethora of easy ways to quickly remove software. Hopefully, you find the solutions we enumerated above helpful.