If you’re facing the Mac Error Code 8003 while trying to delete files from the Trash, there are ways to fix it. This error is commonly due to incorrect configuration settings in the registry.
Wait, just because we said that a Mac error 8003 happens if there is an incorrect configuration setting does not mean it’s hard to fix. Simply follow the methods below to handle the issue all by yourself.
Reboot your device in safe mode
If the error code 8003 is triggered by a third-party application, it is best to start your Mac in safe mode. Here’s how you do it:
- Shut down your device.
- Press the “Power” button until you hear a beep sound.
- Start holding the “Shift” key. Once the Apple logo appears, you can release it.
- In the screen, choose “Safe Boot” and press “Enter”. It should start your device in safe mode.
- Now, clear “Trash” to get rid of the error.
Hold the “Option” key as you delete the trash
One of the easiest fixes for the Mac error code 8003 is to hold the “Option” key on your keyboard while attempting to delete the trash.
Pro Tip: Scan your Mac for performance issues, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats
that can cause system issues or slow performance.
Use shortcut keys
This trick is a no-brainer, but it’s worth trying. Empty the Trash folder using either the keyboard or your mouse.
- Open the “Trash” folder.
- Press the “Command + Option + Right Arrow” keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Hit “Command + A”.
- Repeat step b.
- Find an empty space on your screen and right-click. Select the “Empty Trash” option.
Look for file security errors
Other than incorrect configuration settings, another reason why the error code 8003 occurs is that there are some file security issues or threats. Thus, make sure you review the files you want to erase.
- Go to your “Trash” folder.
- Right-click on the file you like to delete and select “Get Info” from the dropdown menu.
- In the file info dialog box that appears, click “Sharing and Permissions.”
- Enable the “Read/Write” permission.
Install automatic software
If you keep encountering errors, a tool like Outbyte macAries could offer some solutions. However, ensure it’s suitable for resolving the specific errors you’re facing before using it.
See? Solving the error 8003 on your Mac device is easy as pie!