Are you experiencing the dreadful Mac error 8003? There’s no need to panic. We know how to deal with the problem. And we will teach you how to do that. Mac Error Code 8003 usually shows up whenever you attempt to delete files from the Trash. It is often caused by incorrect configuration settings in the registry.
Wait, just because we said that a Mac error 8003 happens if there is an incorrect configuration setting does not mean it’s hard to fix. Simply follow the methods below to handle the issue all by yourself.
Method #1. Reboot your device in safe mode.
If the error code 8003 is triggered by a third-party application, it is best to start your Mac in safe mode. Here’s how you do it:
- Shut down your device.
- Press the “Power” button until you hear a beep sound.
- Start holding the “Shift” key. Once the Apple logo appears, you can release it.
- In the screen, choose “Safe Boot” and press “Enter”. It should start your device in safe mode.
- Now, clear “Trash” to get rid of the error.
Method #2. Hold the “Option” key as you delete the trash.
One of the easiest fixes for the Mac error code 8003 is to hold the “Option” key on your keyboard while attempting to delete the trash.
Method #3. Use shortcut keys.
This trick is a no-brainer, but it’s worth trying. Empty the Trash folder using either the keyboard or your mouse.
- Open the “Trash” folder.
- Press the “Command + Option + Right Arrow” keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Hit “Command + A”.
- Repeat step b.
- Find an empty space on your screen and right-click. Select the “Empty Trash” option.
Method #4: Look for file security errors.
Other than incorrect configuration settings, another reason why the error code 8003 occurs is that there are some file security issues or threats. Thus, make sure you review the files you want to erase.
- Go to your “Trash” folder.
- Right-click on the file you like to delete.
- Go to File -> Get Info.
- Once a file info dialog box appears, click Sharing and Permissions.
- Enable the “Read/Write” permission.
Method #5. Install automatic software.
If the issue keeps recurring, we suggest you install Outbyte MacRepair. It should offer you only the best solutions to get rid of any sort of error.
See? Solving the error 8003 on your Mac device is easy as pie!