UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic is a type of malware that is classified as ransomware or a Trojan virus. It is often embedded in the Documents files and Settings program as a component of the C drive.
UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic is a powerful and dangerous malware. It is difficult to detect and even harder to remove from the affected computer.
Related names: JS.Downloader.BSO [Ikarus], UnclassifiedMalware, Trojan.Script.Suspic.gen, Win32:Dropper-gen [Drp], Win.Worm.Agent-4608, Trojan.Dropper.URN, Trojan.DownLoader7.15504
What Does Uds:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic Malware Do?
Here is a list of symptoms and effects of this ransomware:
- Uds:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic can limit access to your files, leave ransom notes as notifications, slow down your PC, and block some other programs from running.
- This Trojan runs malicious scripts and makes unauthorized entries in your systems directories.
- Uds:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic can run in the background and record your information like banking information, saved passwords, and browsing history.
- This virus can log keystrokes, access your camera, and take screenshots regularly.
- It can connect to the command-and-control servers and relay technical information about your computer, allowing hackers to access the system remotely.
- Trojans like Uds:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic will weaken your PC’s security by creating backdoor access and lead to other ransomware and virus infections.
How Did Uds:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic Malware Get on My Computer?
Uds:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic can get in when users open malicious spam email attachments. It can also get in when users download freeware like software cracks and keygens, from unverified sites.
Allowing this malware to remain on your system can lead to data loss, as well as identity theft.
How to Remove Uds:dangerousobject.multi.generic
There are several steps to removing this malware. Please go through each step in the order we will describe them.
Use the Auslogics Anti-Malware Program:
The most effective way of getting rid of Uds:Dangerousobject.Multi.Generic is by running a powerful anti-malware program in Safe Mode with Networking. Download and install the Auslogics Anti-Malware software. This anti-malware program provides top-notch protection against powerful viruses and data safety threats. Here is how to download, install, and run the software to get rid of this Trojan:
- Click on the link above to go to the Auslogics anti-malware website.
- Click on the download button on the landing page to download a free version of the software.
Now, you have to reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. Safe mode will slow down or stop some malicious processes caused by the Trojan virus.
Here is how to reboot into Safe Mode on Windows 10/11:
- Press and hold the SHIFT key and click the Power icon, and select Restart.
- Windows will show an options menu, follow this path:
Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings> Restart
- Choose Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard.
Windows will now reboot in safe mode with networking.
- Once Windows has restarted in safe mode, access the program file from the Downloads folder and run it.
- Follow the prompts on the installation wizard window.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish to launch the anti-malware program.
The malware database will start updating automatically. This process may take a few minutes.
- Click on the Scanners tab and select Deep Scan. Then click Start scan.
The anti-malware software will scan your PC for malicious malware (including Uds:Dangerousobject.Multi.Generic).
- Follow the recommendations the anti-malware program gives after it has found infected processes and files.
Remove Suspicious Programs through the Control Panel:
Now, you must uninstall and delete those programs or freeware that exposed you to the Uds:Dangerousobject.Multi.Generic virus. You must perform this step in Safe Mode with networking.
- Press the Windows key + X key to open the quick access menu.
- Select Control Panel from the quick access menu.
- Click on Programs, and then click on Programs and Features.
- Right-click on any suspicious (recently installed) program and click Uninstall.
After uninstalling these malware-ridden programs, scan your computer with the anti-malware once again for any remaining unwanted components.
- Check and confirm that no suspicious folders are in the C:\Program Files (x86)
Delete the email responsible for exposing you to the malware and block the sender’s address.
Remove Malicious Registry Entries
Registry entries made by the Uds:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic malware cannot be removed manually. There are usually hundreds of malicious changes to the system’s registries. However, you can remove them effectively and safely by using the Auslogics Registry Cleaner. This Registry cleaner software detects malicious entries in your system’s Registry and removes them for good.
How to Prevent the Installation of Uds:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic
- We do not recommend downloading pirated software from unverified sources, including third-party sites and torrent clients. It is unsafe and usually illegal in most jurisdictions in various countries.
- After downloading a software program from an unofficial source, you must scan it for viruses using a powerful anti-malware program.
- Be careful not to open any emails from shady senders, especially if these emails have attachments.
- Avoid clicking on pop-ups or links on unofficial websites. Install an ad-blocker on your web browser and whitelist your favorite sites.
- Set your browser to block pop-ups, redirects, and automatic downloads.
- You must keep your antivirus program active at all times to detect threats from some suspicious websites that could install infected extensions, plug-ins, or add-ons on your web browser. This preventive measure is the best approach to avoid installing Trojans before it is too late.
Vic is a search engine optimization expert, helping to optimize websites to make them more user-friendly. He’s been in the industry for more than 10 years, and his work speaks a lot about his experience and expertise in the IT and digital marketing fields.
Vic is the one in charge of keeping our website running smoothly and efficiently, to make sure that our readers have a wonderful experience while visiting the website. He’s good at troubleshooting errors and fixing Windows issues that come up either when playing games or working on the computer.
Vic is a certified gadget freak who feels the need to surround himself with cutting-edge technology. And this passion has helped him a lot in creating content that informs and guides users on using and troubleshooting the latest technology. He is an avid researcher who is always hungry for the latest news and updates on the most cutting-edge technology.