Tsyndicate.com is an advertising-supported malware or adware— an unwanted software that displays advertisements on your devices. If you are wondering how you came upon this virus (adware), the answer is quite simple.
Tsyndicate.com is installed on computers when users download freeware applications in software bundles from unverified third-party websites. This adware is disguised as an optional component to the main software. Once you run the automatic installation of this bundle, your system will install these optional components (including Tsyndicate.com) by default.
Tsyndicate.com is adware classified as a browser hijacker. This virus overwrites your internet browser settings, including browsers like Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera — launching new tabs and displaying dubious advertisements.
A common characteristic of these advertisements is that they open up the Tsyndicate.com website or any of its subdomains and persuade the user to allow notifications from the site.
What Does the Tsyndicate.com Virus Do?
Here is a list of symptoms and effects of the Tsyndicate.com virus:
- Changes to the main browser’s homepage and the default search engine
This virus could also add new elements to the browser’s interface.
- Unwanted pop-ups, banners and browser tabs
Tsyndicate.com virus will unleash a barrage of adverts in the form of numerous pop-ups, box messages, banners, and other forms of online ads. These ads will disturb your browsing sessions.
- Unwanted Page redirects
This adware will keep redirecting you to its various client’s websites at the click of your mouse. Given that the virus’s goal is to force you to see as many ads as possible, there is no end to the number of unwanted redirects.
- Violation of Privacy
Tsyndicate.com virus violates your privacy as it collects your data, monitors your browsing patterns to streamline its ads to your preferences. This ad targeting creates more interaction on your part with the advertising materials displayed on your screen. The data collected may be sold to third parties without your permission.
- Exposure to more harmful viruses
Browser hijackers like the Tsyndicate.com virus can potentially expose your PC to destructive virus attacks. If you are redirected to a page that has been compromised, you could encounter dangerous malware like rootkits, Trojans, ransomware viruses, and worms.
Given the risks associated with Tsyndicate.com malware, we recommend that you quickly get rid of this malware. To help you remove the Tsyndicate.com virus, we will describe our Tsyndicate.com virus removal instructions in the next section.
How to Remove Tsyndicate.com Virus
There are many methods for removing adware. However, we will start with the most natural and accessible for the average PC user.
Using a powerful anti-malware program
The easiest method to stop Tsyndicate.com is by running an anti-malware program capable of detecting and removing malware in general. We recommend using Auslogics Anti-Malware. This anti-malware software provides top-notch protection against malware and data safety threats. Auslogics Anti-Malware performs the following important functions:
- Checks system memory for malicious programs (including programs with Tsyndicate.com components).
- Detects cookies and browser extensions that track your activity and collect your data.
- Checks system and temporary folders for security issues.
This anti-malware program is compatible with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, and has a free version.
Uninstalling the programs manually (in safe mode)
Follow the instructions below to remove the program responsible for the Tsyndicate.com virus. Before you proceed, you must reboot your PC in Safe mode.
Here is how to do that in Windows 7:
- Restart your computer.
- While your PC starts booting up, press and hold the F8 key, in some older computers, you may have to spam (tap it continuously) the F8 key instead of pressing and holding it down.
- You will enter the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select to boot in Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys and press the Enter key.
- Once the computer has restarted in safe mode, open the start menu, and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program (under Program and Features).
- Select the unwanted program (including those responsible for Tsyndicate.com virus)
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 8 / Windows 8.1/ Windows 10/11:
- Press and hold the SHIFT key and click the Power icon, and then Restart.
- Windows will show an options menu, follow this path:
Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings> Restart
- Select Safe Mode with Networking by pressing 5 or the F5 key on your keyboard.
Windows 8.1 will now boot in safe mode with networking.
- Press the Windows key + X key to open the context menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the context menu.
- Right-click on the program and click Uninstall.
Removing Tsyndicate.com from browsers
- Go to your browser’s settings and select More Tools or Add-ons.
- Then click on the Extensions tab.
- Check for the Tsyndicate.com extension (as well as any other unfamiliar extensions).
- Remove the Tsyndicate.com extension.
Deleting program files and registry entries manually
- Copy and paste the shortcuts %ProgramFiles%, %ProgramFiles(x86)%, and %AppData% and %LocalAppData% into the address bar of File Explorer.
- Find and delete all folders associated with the program that introduced this malware to your PC.
- Open the run app by pressing Windows key + R.
- Input msconfig and click OK.
- Navigate to Services on the System Configuration window
- Untick all services from suspicious manufacturers. Click Apply and then OK.
- Exit and restart your Computer.
Tysindicate.com may not be a harmful Trojan, but it is in your best interest to remove every trace of the adware as quickly as possible. The best way to do that is by running a powerful anti-malware program, as it saves your time and the job effectively.