The Daily Bible Guide is usually abbreviated as DBG. It is a browser extension that suddenly appears on your web browser, making it hard for you to find the intruder. It features a toolbar with bookmarks to the Daily Bible Guide website and other news and weather sites. To remove this browser extension, you would need a reputable anti-malware tool.
Created by Mindspark Interactive Network, DBG offers very little functionality as opposed to what is advertised. The browser add-on claims to provide religious news and weather forecast, enticing religious people to download and install it without hesitation.
What Does Daily Bible Guide Toolbar Do?
You most probably got the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar from third-party software. Malicious programs like DBG install themselves without the consent of the victim. They often come from harmful browser plug-ins that are bundled with freeware and shareware.
PUPs are offered as added applications that are installed without the user’s permission. These unwanted programs are installed as a part of the setup process of downloaded freeware.
When freeware programs are installed, all options authorizing the user’s permission to change the browser’s default homepage and install toolbars come pre-checked. This only means that overlooking these options will cause you to unknowingly install an unwanted program. To avoid things like this from happening, you should always pay close attention when installing any software.
The main goal of this program is to deliver ads and promote software that generates revenue for the developers. Once installed, the adware makes changes to the system as well as the web browser. It replaces the default search engine with one associated with DBG. And then, it uses another search engine such as Google or Yahoo to display search results. The custom search box of this adware also overtakes the:
- Home page
- Start-up page
- New tab window
How to Remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar
The files and entries dropped by the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar are not considered malicious. However, they exhibit very annoying behaviors when integrated with most browsers. Their behaviors are a bit invasive as they discretely modify system settings without the user’s knowledge.
If you have the DBG toolbar installed on your browser, uninstalling it completely from your computer is highly recommended. Removing the toolbar can be done by simply following the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal instructions below. These instructions manually disable the add-on, plug-in, or extension that was dropped on your computer.
Follow these steps to eliminate the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and prevent further damage to your system:
Step 1: Uninstall Daily Bible Guide Toolbar using the “Add/Remove” program setting of Windows
- Hit the “Start” button.
- Select “Control Panel” from the list.
- Select “Programs” and click on the “Uninstall a program” option. A window will be opened to show you the software that’s installed.
- Find the “Daily Bible Guide Toolbar,” “Myway,” or the “Mindspark” entry and remove it.
- If you can’t find any of the mentioned above, look for any other suspicious-looking entry that was installed recently.
- Click the “Uninstall” button to remove the program.
Step 2: Scan and delete adware components
- Download and install a reputable anti-malware tool.
- Close all the running programs on your computer.
- Launch the anti-malware tool and click the “Scan” button.
- The security tool will search for the presence of any malicious program.
- Click“Clean” to remove all the malicious items that were detected.
- Once the scan is completed, you’ll have to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Step 3: Remove the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and clean up your browser
This step guarantees that there isn’t a single entry of the program left on your browser. Find a tool that scans and checks your browser for unwanted extensions and add-ons, and then generates a full report if anything suspicious is found.
- Download and install a browser cleanup tool.
- Start the cleanup process by double-clicking on the executable file.
- Once running, the cleanup tool will perform a test.
- If any malicious entry is found, a button will be displayed, suggesting that you remove unwanted programs to clean up your browser.
- You can choose to delete all of them at once or remove one entry at a time.
- Click “Yes” to confirm and proceed with the permanent deletion.
Step 4: Reset the internet browser to its default settings
Doing this completely removes the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar from your browser. Restoring the browser to its default settings is helpful in getting rid of hard-to-remove extensions and add-ons.
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar is a system intruder that comes installed with freeware programs that are designed to mess with your system’s performance. Once installed, it affects your browsing experience, showing you dubious and annoying content.
Unwanted programs like DBG can leave virus traces that’ll ultimately cause damage to your system. Using a PC repair tool after you have eliminated these programs is recommended. We also recommend that you keep your anti-malware tool up-to-date at all times and perform full scans at least once every week.