Online advertisements can be very annoying and disturbing. YouTube, for instance, can cut off a video of about 5 minutes and show you an advert that runs for more than three minutes. This will then require human input to skip the ad and go back to whatever you were listening to or watching. Such an annoyance has led many to seek ad-blocking tools and enjoy a flawless browsing experience. This is where dubious programs such as AD&POP Block find the gap to manipulate millions of online users.
About AD&POP Block
This is a misleading program that promises to block adverts from Google, YouTube, as well as other sources to give users a seamless streaming or watching experience. However, the program is rogue and starts to show misleading ads despite preventing other sources from showing ads. Due to such a behavior, the program cannot be trusted. It is even classified as adware and categorized as a Potentially Unwanted App (PUA).
Although it manages to block ads from other sources, AD&POP Block is not safe to use. It is dubious and some of its adverts are so aggressive that they can cover the whole screen without giving an option to close it for a certain period. Therefore, as much as it promises harmony to peace seekers, it wreaks havoc.
What Does AD&POP Block Do?
AD&POP Block enhances browser speed by blocking ads from various sources. That is what it claims. But what it actually does is replace those annoying safe Google and YouTube ads with its dubious advertisement content. Although the app is not a virus per se, the malicious content displayed is on another level. The ads tend to be explicit and dubious, performing redirects to porn sites and other questionable pages with malware.
Some of its ads can trigger malware downloads if clicked upon. Most of the sites being advertised pose serious threats to the affected user’s privacy and security. Unfortunately, these are not the only threats carried by AD&POP Block. This malicious program is capable of installing trackers and cookies to monitor your browsing sessions. Data is also collected and shared with third-parties, including potential cybercriminals.
Such programs are also notorious for promoting each other. This leads to a system full of PUAs that run many processes in the background, consuming a lot of computer resources. This causes system lags, freezes, and crashes. In the long run, it can cause severe damage to vital computer components.
How Did You Get AD&POP Block?
This is a question that most victims fail to find an answer to when they ask themselves. Programs such as AD&POP Block use dubious techniques to infiltrate the system. Unsuspecting users then install these programs directly after being tricked into believing that they work magic to enhance browser speed. However, by the time users seek a program to increase browser speed, chances are that the system is already infected with a PUA that is promoting AD&POP Block as its colleague.
In other instances, the program is installed through freeware bundling. This method allows developers to attach additional installers on freeware and set them to execute if the user opts for the Express or Recommended installation process. To avoid such, select the Custom or Advanced installation option to control what gets installed.
How to Remove AD&POP Block?
AD&POP Block is not safe to keep. Aside from the annoying intrusive ads, it should be noted that such advertisements originate from unknown sources. This means there could be a third-party watching your move and your privacy may be compromised. Therefore, you should act swiftly and remove the AD&POP Block virus before it does more harm to your online profile.
With that said, we have prepared a comprehensive AD&POP Block removal solutions. Follow them precisely to get rid of the program permanently.
Solution #1: Remove the AD&POP Block Program from the Computer
The initial step is to remove the AD&POP Block program from the system. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to access the Settings app.
- Now, select the Apps category to open Apps & Features.
- Go through the installed apps and remove the ones related to AD&POP Block, programs that you didn’t install, or were recently installed during the infection.
- Click on the suspicious app, and then select the Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process of all suspicious apps.
Solution #2: Clean the Browser and Remove AD&POP Block
Now that you have removed the dubious application from the system, it’s time to clean its trails from the browser.
- Launch Google Chrome and click on the 3 dots icon to access the drop-down menu.
- Select Settings before clicking on the Search engine from the left pane.
- Hover to the right and click on Manage search engines. Select Google as your default search engine.
- Now, go through the list of search engines available and remove all that look suspicious or are related to AD&POP Block.
- On the left pane, select Extensions, and a new tab will open.
- Go through the list of installed extensions and get rid of the suspicious by selecting the Remove button next to it.
- When done, go back to the Settings tab and this time, select the Advanced option to expand from the left pane.
- Select Reset and clean up before clicking on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Click Reset Settings to confirm the action.
- When done, close the browser and move on to the next solution.
Solution #3: Perform a Full System Scan Using a Trusted Anti-Malware Utility
To ensure that there are no AD&POP Block remains left behind, it’s important to download a recommended anti-malware security software and perform a full scan to detect and get rid of the malware. Run the program and select the option Full Scan. Wait for the process to complete, and then choose to Quarantine or Remove all the flagged content. When done, restart the PC.
Most users undermine the importance of anti-malware security software. However, investing in one will give you peace of mind while surfing the internet knowing there is a dedicated program fighting against malware attacks in the background. Moreover, trusted anti-malware tools help maintain a healthy and high performing computer.