Are you interested to know about tomorrow’s weather forecast? Have you been tracking storm updates? Do you want to know the current weather updates from all around the world? Then a weather forecast app can come in handy.
However, with all the weather forecast apps for Windows out there, choosing the best one can be a bit of a headache. Plus, you need to take into account several things like compatibility and information provided. Otherwise, you’d end up wasting time installing a futile app, or worse, you’d fall victim to adware attacks.
One notorious app that advertises itself as a reliable weather forecast tool is Easy Weather Today Promos. Familiar with it? Yes? No? Well, regardless of your answer, we have got you covered. Here’s everything you should know about Easy Weather Today Promos.
What is Easy Weather Today?
Contrary to what is being advertised, Easy Weather Today Promos is a rogue software entity that is classified as adware. Although it is endorsed as a handy tool for accessing weather-related information and content, it only delivers intrusive advertisements and pop-ups. Simply said, it forces to display undesirable adverts on a victim’s PC.
What Does Easy Weather Today Adware Do?
As an adware entity, Easy Weather Today spies on the browsing information of users. It gathers every bit of sensitive and personal information from a victim’s PC. It also allows the placement of surveys, coupons, and banners on any visited website. As a result, the browsing speed is significantly reduced and online browsing experience is affected.
It is worth noting that the Easy Weather Today adware has data tracking abilities. Again, it can monitor a user’s browsing activity and collect information such as pages viewed, URLs visited, search queries typed, IP addresses, and a lot more. Even worse, this information can be used for monetization purposes. Either it is sold to third parties or misused for personal financial gain.
So, how do you know whether or not your PC has been infected by the adware? Here are some signs to watch out for:
- Sluggish browsing speed
- Limited website visibility due to advert placement
- Stealthy downloads and installations
- Intrusive ads that redirect to promotional and malicious sites
- The web browser’s default homepage is set to Easy Weather Forecast
Distribution Methods of the Easy Weather Today Adware
Like other adware entities, Easy Weather Today may be acquired via promotional pages that appear legit. When visiting a website, a pop-up may show telling you to download a certain app because of the awesome deals that await. Clicking on it may only result in the installation of malicious additions.
Easy Weather Today can also be downloaded or bundled with other programs via the software bundling method. This is a false marketing tactic that involves bundling malware entities with legit programs. Rushing the download or installation process may only allow bundled or dubious apps into your system.
Finally, intrusive ads may cause the installation of this adware, too. Once you click on them, scripts may be executed, initiating the download and installation of PUAs.
Easy Weather Today Removal Instructions
The removal of the Easy Weather Today adware may be a lengthy process that requires technical skills. However, we simplified the steps below to make it easy for you to get rid of this notorious adware. Read on.
Method 1: Remove it from the Windows system via Control Panel
- Right-click on the Start menu. Once the Quick Access menu appears, choose Control Panel.
- Find the Programs section and click Uninstall a Program.
- Look for the Easy Weather Today application and any suspicious-looking programs.
- Delete them by clicking the Uninstall button.
- Hit OK to save the changes.
Method 2: Use a reliable anti-malware program
There are many popular anti-malware programs designed for Windows. Make sure to choose one that is proven effective in getting rid of adware entities. When it comes to dealing with malware, one name to trust is Outbyte Antivirus.
This tool is known to neutralize the most harmful malware threats out there. Plus, it secures your PC from other potential threats – be it viruses, spyware, or adware.
To use Outbyte Antivirus, follow these steps:
- Download Outbyte Antivirus from Outbyte’s official website.
- Install it by following the on-screen prompts.
- Once it is installed, the tool will automatically update its malware and virus database. Perform a scan by clicking the Scan button.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete. This may take a few minutes, so be patient.
- After the scan, a screen will appear on your screen with a list of malware infections the tool has detected. Remove them.
- Reboot your computer.
Method 3: Reset your browser Settings
If your searches are still being redirected to the Easy Weather Forecast website, you will have to reset your browser settings to default.
- Click on the menu button of Chrome. It is usually represented by three dots or three horizontal lines.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Settings.
- Scroll down and click Advanced.
- Navigate to the Reset and Clean Up section and hit the Reset Settings to Their Original Defaults button.
- You will now be asked to confirm your action. To continue, click Reset Settings.
- Go to the main menu and select Help.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Navigate to the Troubleshooting Information section and click Refresh Firefox.
- Confirm your action by clicking the Refresh Firefox button.
- Hit Finish.
- Launch Internet Explorer and click the gear icon.
- Choose Internet Options.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and hit the Reset button.
- Go to the Reset Internet Explorer Settings section. Click on the Delete personal settings checkbox.
- Hit the Reset button again.
- Click the Close button and relaunch Internet Explorer.
Adware entities normally infiltrate computers via software bundling or intrusive advertisements. To avoid them, pay attention to what you are clicking and installing. If possible, choose the custom installation option when installing a free software program. Also, no matter how enticing the deals are, never click on any ads on websites.
If, unfortunately, you have been attacked by the Easy Weather Today adware, compose yourself, pull up this article, and go through our removal guide. There should be no problem then.
Do you have any additional information about the Easy Weather Today adware? We’d like to know. Share your thoughts in the comments section.