There are a lot of good reasons why you would need to take a screenshot of whatever’s on the screen of your Windows device. You may want to show someone what you are doing on your desktop, or you merely wish to grab a specific frame from a video you are currently watching, for instance. Although screenshot controls are built-in on most Windows devices, they aren’t as popular as the keyboard’s print screen function. That is why we created this guide to teach you how to use it properly.
How to Take a Print Screen on Windows
Taking a print screen on a Windows device is secure. Just follow the steps below:
- Find the print screen key on your keyboard. It’s usually located on the right side of the first row of keys on your keyboard. It is labeled PrtSc, Prnt Scrn, or Prt Scr.
- Open the item you wish to take a screenshot. Remember that when taking a screenshot using the Print Screen key, everything on your screen will be included, excluding your mouse cursor.
- Press the Print Screen key on your PC. Take note that if the Print Screen key serves two functions, such as Print Screen and Insert, you will also have to hold the Function key to use the Print Screen function.
- You are done! You have already captured a screenshot. You may now proceed with pasting it on other apps or programs.
How to Paste a Screenshot
You can do a lot of things with your screenshot, but the most common thing people do with it is to paste it on specific apps and programs for editing and sharing.
- Open the program or app you wish to use the screenshot in. It could be Microsoft Word, Paint, or PowerPoint. It could also be your email or social media posts. If you are opening Microsoft programs, you may start by creating a new blank document or proceed with pasting the screenshot into an existing document.
- Click on the field or area where you want to put the screenshot. If you are posting the screenshot on a Twitter post, you have to open a new tweet box. If you are pasting it into a PowerPoint slide, you may need to click Add New Slide.
- Press Ctrl + V. This function will immediately paste your screenshot into the highlighted or selected field. If you are posting it on social media or sending it to someone via email, it will be automatically added as an attachment.
It’s so easy to use the print screen function. Give it a try! However, while you use it to complete different tasks, you have to ensure your PC is running fast and smooth, too. Download and install Outbyte PC Repair today to identify and fix whatever is causing stability and speed issues on your Windows device.
Pro Tip: Scan your PC for performance issues, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats
that can cause system issues or slow performance.