Roblox is one of the biggest and most popular game creation platforms that allow players to create their very own games. They can also join and play the games created by other players. The game was first released in 2016 and is available in most gaming devices, such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Xbox One.
Roblox has more than 150 million monthly players around the world. Imagine all these players using the platform at the same time. So even though Roblox is a solid platform. There are instances when certain issues appear. One of the errors that you might encounter is the Roblox error 610.
Roblox is Getting Error 610
Are you seeing the Roblox error code 610? Some players experience this issue when attempting to start or join a game in Roblox. It is possible to encounter this error no matter what game you try to join. There’s a good chance that you’re having trouble connecting to the online server, hence the error code 610.
This error is usually accompanied by the following message:
Can’t join place 4559218023: HTTP 400 (Bad request)
(Cannot join game with no authenticated user.)
(Error Code: 610)
Another version of the error says:
Cannot join private server: HTTP 400
(Error Code: 610)
If Roblox is getting error 610, you won’t be able to create or join a Roblox game. This error has left a lot of Roblox players confused and frustrated because they do not know what to do. Before we proceed with the solutions to fix the error code 610 on Roblox, let us understand first why this issue is happening to be able to find the best fix.
What Causes Roblox Error 610?
Roblox error code 610 can be triggered by a variety of factors. But looking at the reports and discussions online allowed us narrow down the culprits to the ones includes in the list below:
- Roblox servers are down. You might encounter this issue if the Roblox servers are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance or there are some unexpected problems with the platform. You can easily verify this by using a down detector service. If this is the reason why Roblox is getting error 610, there is nothing you can do except to wait for Roblox to sort out the problem themselves. Just wait while the developers are working to get their servers back online.
- Account problem. Several Roblox accounts were hacked at the end of 2018, with a malicious pop-up that broke the game for most affected users. If this is the case, you can try signing out and signing back into your Roblox account. If it doesn’t work, you can create a new account instead.
- Unreliable web version. If you encountered the error while playing Roblox on your web browser, consider downloading the app instead. A lot of affected users have discovered that the web version of Roblox is much more unstable than the application. If you can’t launch or join any Roblox games from your browser, downloading the desktop version for Windows 10 only should resolve the issue automatically.
- Bad cache. Since several users managed to fix the issue by flushing their DNS, it is safe to assume that this error might also happen if your network configuration holds some expired DNS. Using Command Prompt to refresh your network should resolve the issue in this case.
How to Fix Roblox Error 610
When Roblox is getting error 610, the best thing to do is wait for a moment before connecting to the servers again. Sometimes, if you’ve been booted out from the server due to technical issues or if you simply can’t connect, trying again should allow your device to reconnect.
If this doesn’t help, try waiting a little longer. For instance, if the servers are too busy or if they’re down for maintenance, you might need to wait for several hours.
But if the problem persists for a long time, then there may be a problem with your computer or other device. In this case, try clearing the junk files on your computer using Outbyte PC Repair to see if it makes a difference. If the error still pops up, refer to the solutions below.
Method 1. Check if the Roblox servers are online.
Since Roblox is an online game, it relies heavily on the servers to function properly. If the servers are not accessible due to maintenance activities or because of some other problems, then you won’t be able to play the game. You should confirm first if the server is online by checking this website: Down Detector. In case the Roblox server is indeed down, then you will have to wait until it gets back online.
Method 2. Log out of your account.
Another way to deal with this problem is to refresh your account information saved on the Roblox server. If you encounter this error when on game mode, this tweak should be useful in addressing the problem. All you need to do is to log out then log back into your account. To do this:
- Open Roblox.
- Click the gear icon (Settings) in the top-right corner and click on Logout.
- Refresh the browser page.
- Log in again using the same account.
- Go to the Game tab and launch a game again.
- Check if the Roblox error code 610 issue still occurs.
Method 3. Download Roblox to your computer.
If you’re getting the error when playing Roblox on your browser, then you can download the game to your PC instead. If you have a Windows 10 computer, you can download the Roblox app from the Windows Store. Playing Roblox using the downloaded game usually fixes the problem.
To do this:
- Open the Windows Store on your computer and search for Roblox.
- When the download has been completed, press Play to open the desktop version of the game.
- Sign up with your login details.
- Go to the Game tab and try launching any mode to see if the issue has been resolved.
Method 4. Create a new account.
Sometimes this issue can be triggered by a problem with your account on the Roblox server. To confirm if this is the case, you should try signing in using a different account.
- Go to the Roblox website.
- Fill out the Sign up form with the required information.
- Click on Sign Up to register your new account.
- Log in using your newly created account and launch any game mode.
Check if the Roblox error code 610 issue was fixed. If you were able to play the game using a different account, then the error has something to do with your account and you need to contact Roblox support to get it sorted out.
Method 5. Refresh the IP and DNS of your computer.
If the issue still pops up even after performing the troubleshooting solutions listed above, the next thing you can try is to refresh the IP and cached DNS of your computer. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Start button, then type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on Command Prompt, then choose Run as Administrator.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns in the Command Prompt window, then press Enter.
- This command is used to flush your computer’s DNS value.
- Close the Command Prompt and check if the Roblox error code 610 issue still occurs.
Not being able to join and create Roblox games due to the error code 610 is extremely annoying, especially for those who love playing the game. If you encounter this error, you can work your way down our troubleshooting guide below to fix it. If they don’t work and you are still prompted with the error, delete and reinstall Roblox to start on a clean slate.