According to experts, when an OS update is available, install it right away. This is because the update may contain fixes to previously known errors and security patches that will boost your computer’s protection.
But what if you can’t upgrade to a newer OS version because of error messages that pop up upon the installation phase? As unfortunate as it may sound, this does happen.
If you visit online tech forums, you will find that many users running older Windows versions are expressing their frustrations as they are having a hard time upgrading to the latest operating system version due to the error code 0x803FA067 on Windows 10/11.
About the Error Code 0x803FA067
The 0x803FA067 error occurs for two possible reasons. First is that you are running a faulty or pirated Windows copy, and the second is that a recent application or program update has altered some important system files and settings.
Pro Tip: Run a dedicated PC optimization tool to get rid of incorrect settings, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats that can cause system issues or slow performance.
Below is a more detailed definition of why does the error code 0x803FA067 happen:
- Faulty or counterfeit Windows version – If you are running a Windows version that is not genuine, then you are likely to come across the 0x803FA067 error.
- A recent application or program update on Windows – If you have recently installed an application or program update prior to upgrading, then it is possible that the upgrade has triggered the error to appear.
How to Fix the Error Code 0x803FA067
If you ever come across the error code 0x803FA067, here are some fixes that we recommend:
Fix #1: Use the correct product key
Using the correct product key that comes with the Windows 10/11 product may help solve the error code.
Here’s how to ensure that you are using the correct product key:
- Press the Windows button to boot up the system.
- Next, click the Windows menu and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Select Activation.
- Now, make sure that you are using the correct product key. You can also try changing it to the default key, which is:
- After checking the product key, click Next and follow the on-screen prompts.
Fix #2: Disconnect from the internet
This fix is quite easy to do. You simply need to disconnect your Wi-Fi connectivity or unplug the ethernet cable.
For a more detailed guide on what to do, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows icon.
- Select Settings.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Navigate to the Status section.
- Click Change Adapter Options under Network Settings.
- Choose Ethernet and right-click on it.
- Hit Disable.
Fix #3: Run the Windows Store App troubleshooter
The Windows Store App troubleshooter is a built-in tool in the Windows 10/11 operating system. It allows users to resolve different issues, including the 0x803FA067 error.
Here’s how to run the troubleshooter:
- Click on the Windows menu.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Choose Troubleshooter.
- Look for the Windows Store app and click on it.
- Choose Run the Troubleshooter. It will take a few minutes for the troubleshooter to detect the problem. Patience is needed.
- If an issue is found, follow the on-screen instructions to fix it.
Fix #4: Use the Command Prompt
If you still cannot activate Windows 10/11 due to the error 0x803FA067, then you may try using the Command Prompt.
- Go to the Windows menu and select Settings.
- Click Update and Security.
- Choose Windows Update.
- Select Check for Updates. If an update is available, download and install it.
- Once Windows has successfully installed the update, restart your computer.
- After Windows has booted up, click the Windows menu.
- Into the search box, input cmd and hit Enter.
- Right-click on Command Prompt from the search results.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- Into the command line, input gpupdate and hit Enter.
This fix works best if a virus is triggering the error code to appear. After executing the command, reboot your PC.
If all else fails, your last resort is to use a reliable PC repair tool like Outbyte PC Repair. It will scan your computer, find errors, and resolve them automatically. This means you won’t have to do anything on your end but click and click.
Hopefully, this article has helped you fix the activation error you are getting. Let us know which of the above workarounds resolved the error.
Vic is a search engine optimization expert, helping to optimize websites to make them more user-friendly. He’s been in the industry for more than 10 years, and his work speaks a lot about his experience and expertise in the IT and digital marketing fields.
Vic is the one in charge of keeping our website running smoothly and efficiently, to make sure that our readers have a wonderful experience while visiting the website. He’s good at troubleshooting errors and fixing Windows issues that come up either when playing games or working on the computer.
Vic is a certified gadget freak who feels the need to surround himself with cutting-edge technology. And this passion has helped him a lot in creating content that informs and guides users on using and troubleshooting the latest technology. He is an avid researcher who is always hungry for the latest news and updates on the most cutting-edge technology.