Recently, there have been rumors and reports saying that Windows 10 1803 is causing problems for IT professionals who are managing network bandwidth and PC updates. According to them, large amounts of data are being used by tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com to attack Windows 10 clients. As a result, IT professionals lose full control over newer updates.
What Is Tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com?
Unlike IT professionals, casual Windows 10 users won’t be able to tell if tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com is wreaking havoc on their computers. That means they won’t immediately know if they are being attacked by tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com or by just an ordinary virus.
This issue is believed to be associated with the tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com file consuming large amounts of data and network bandwidth. Although this problem was more common back in 2016 and 2017, it seems that it once again poses a threat to Windows operating systems, giving a headache not only to IT professionals, but also to casual Windows users.
How to Fix Tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com Problems
Until now, Microsoft has not said a word about how this problem can be fixed. However, many Windows 10 users succeeded in resolving the problem. We listed some of the possible solutions below. Try each one of them until you find the right fix:
1. Delete Junk Files.
Junk and unnecessary files that have accumulated over time on your Windows 10 computer can trigger the appearance of problems like those associated with the tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com file.
To prevent the occurrence of problems caused by junk files, we suggest that you install a reliable PC Repair tool on your Windows 10 computer. Perform a quick scan and let the tool find and delete all junk files hiding in your system files and folders.
2. Clear Your Browser’s Data.
Try clearing your browser’s data and check if the problem persists. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Launch your favorite browser.
- Click on the three-dotted menu.
- Select Settings.
- Choose More Tools.
- Set the time range of the browser data you want to delete. If you want to delete everything, choose All Time.
- Check the boxes next to the Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data options.
- Hit Clear.
- Restart your browser.
3. Create a New User Account.
Sometimes, the problem only exists on a specific user account. To troubleshoot the problem, try creating a new user account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Accounts and choose Family and other users.
- Choose the Add someone else on this PC option.
- Provide your username and password.
- Hit Next.
- Click Finish.
- Sign out of your current account and sign in using the new user account you created.
- Check if the problem persists.
4. Fix Network Connection Problems.
The error may also happen due to network connection problems. That is why we suggest you check and fix your network connection.
To fix your connection issues, here are a few steps to follow:
- Check if WiFi is switched on.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Select Settings and click Network & Internet.
- Choose WiFi.
- Toggle the switch next to it to It should now say that your network is connected. If it doesn’t, choose Show available networks. If you see your network on the list, click on it and press Connect. If it says it is connected, hit Disconnect, wait for a couple of minutes, and then hit Connect again.
- Now, check if the WiFi switch on your computer or laptop is turned on.
- It is also worth checking if the airplane mode is switched off. Go to Settings, select Network & Internet, and check if Cellular is on the list.
- Restart your router.
5. Speak with an Expert.
When all else fails, your best option is to take your Windows computer to the nearest repair center. Ask the assigned Windows professional to check your computer and give recommendations on how to fix it. Better yet, let them fix the problem for you. This way, you will be confident that your computer is in safe hands and that you can breathe freely knowing that the problem will be fixed in no time.
The next time you come across the tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com error on your Windows 10 computer, just relax. Know that the problem can be fixed. Try the fixes above one by one until you find the perfect solution.
Let us know how you resolved your tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com problem. Comment on it down below.