Bluetooth is a wireless technology that is used universally to transmit data between devices over short distances. With this technology, the need for cables is eliminated.
Of course, our Windows 10 computers already come with support for Bluetooth. Unfortunately, there are these rare instances when this wireless technology causes problems with our Windows 10 devices.
In this guide, we’re going to teach you everything you need to know about Bluetooth.
How Do I Turn on Bluetooth on My Computer?
Before you can begin using a Bluetooth peripheral, you have to configure a few things first. What we’re saying is that you need to make changes on your Windows 10 settings. Follow these steps to get you started:
- Go to Action Center.
- Click the All Settings
- Navigate to Devices and click
- Toggle “on” the Bluetooth After turning on Bluetooth, you can then Add Bluetooth or other devices”.
- Click on the Bluetooth button, and Windows 10 will begin searching for any available Bluetooth devices.
Where Can I Find Bluetooth on Windows 10?
This is how you locate Bluetooth on your Windows 10 computer:
- Go to
- Click on
- Select Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- From there, you can make changes on your Bluetooth settings.
How Do I Know If My Computer Has Bluetooth?
To know whether your computer has Bluetooth hardware, you need to check your Device Manager for Bluetooth Radio and follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Device Manager.
- Check if Bluetooth is in the list of hardware available on your computer.
What If Bluetooth Is Not Available?
If the Bluetooth section is not included in the list, chances are, there are problems with your computer’s Bluetooth driver. To fix this, here’s what you should do:
- Navigate to Control Panel and select Device Manager.
- Check if the Bluetooth driver is there and is installed correctly. If you don’t see the Bluetooth option, you might need to download and reinstall it.
- If the problem is with the external peripherals like your keyboard, mouse, speakers, or headphones, turn the peripheral off first. Wait for a couple of seconds before switching it back on.
How Do I Remove a Bluetooth Peripheral from Windows 10?
It’s easy to disconnect a wireless Bluetooth peripheral from Windows 10. Follow the steps below:
- Go to
- Select Devices -> Bluetooth.
- Click on the Bluetooth peripheral you wish to disconnect.
- Hit the Remove
- Click Yes to confirm.
The Bluetooth technology has indeed come a long way, but take note that you still need to practice caution. Since it is widely used for file transfer, we suggest you download Outbyte PC Repair first. This amazing tool will help scan your system for any junk files and identify those that need to be eliminated to give more room for important files.