Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files are small programs that are similar to executable or EXE files. They enable multiple software programs to share the same functionality among themselves, such as printing.
Among the types of DLL files around today is mfreadwrite.dll. If the Windows operating system fails to properly load your mfreadwrite.dll file, then that means an error message will shortly follow. DLL errors like this typically occur during your computer’s startup, a program startup, or while attempting to use a particular function in a program.
There is a whole variety of mfreadwrite.dll error messages around. A user, for instance, kept seeing “Dependency MFREADWRITE.DLL is missing. Please reinstall the game.” This popped up repeatedly when he launched the Grand Theft Auto V game, even if he recently reinstalled the game.
Other variations of the error message include:
Pro Tip: Run a dedicated PC optimization tool to get rid of incorrect settings, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats that can cause system issues or slow performance.
- Mfreadwrite.dll not found.
- Cannot register mfreadwrite.dll.
- The file mfreadwrite.dll is missing.
- Mfreadwrite.dll Access Violation.
- This application failed to start because mfreadwrite.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot start Windows 7 Home Premium. A required component is missing: mfreadwrite.dll. Please install Windows 7 Home Premium again.
- Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\mfreadwrite.dll.
Mfreadwrite.dll errors can surface due to a number of different reasons, such as:
- Virus or malware infection
- Hardware failure, such as an erring hard drive
- Invalid or corrupt mfreadwrite.dll registry entry
- A program overwriting the required mfreadwrite.dll version
- A program mistakenly or maliciously deleting the mfreadwrite.dll file
- A program uninstalling the mfreadwrite.dll file
Here are troubleshooting steps you can take to fix common mfreadwrite.dll error messages:
Perform a Full Malware Scan of Your Computer
The mfreadwrite.dll error you are experiencing on your machine could be related to a malware infection. DLL-related files are at risk for the damage, corruption, and deletion that these malicious intruders can cause. Scan your computer properly using your existing antivirus or anti-malware software. Use it in conjunction with a PC repair tool that can skillfully address junk files and other space hogs in your system.
Update Your Device Drivers
Since mfreadwrite.dll errors can relate to outdated or corrupt device drivers, then updating these drivers could be key to fixing the DLL issue. Note, though, that it can be very difficult to find the exact driver for the related hardware device, or comb through Microsoft’s or manufacturer’s website for updates. In this case, a driver updater tool can automate the process and get it done faster.
Install Available Windows Updates
Updated, improved Windows system files can directly solve mfreadwrite.dll problems. Sometimes, all it takes is updating your Windows with the most recent Service Pack or other patches. Check for updates through these steps:
- Click Start.
- Input update into the search box. Next, click Enter.
- The Windows Update dialog box will surface.
- If there are available updates, then click Install Updates.
Remove or Restore Mfreadwrite.dll from Recycle Bin
You might find this funny and weird, but there might be a need to go to your Recycle Bin. This is because mfreadwrite.dll files get accidentally deleted sometimes. Follow these steps:
- Double-click the Recycle Bin icon.
- Search for mfreadwrite.dll in the upper right-hand part.
- If the file appears in the search results, choose and move it to the following directory:
- Windows 95/98/Me: C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows NT/2000: C:\Windows\System32\
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10: C:\Windows\System32\
- Reboot your computer.
Register Mfreadwrite.dll Via Microsoft Register Server
When software with the mfreadwrite.dll dependency gets installed, it should automatically register the file on your behalf. There are cases, however, when the DLL file fails to register correctly. As a result, the mfreadwrite.dll error message pops up.
Microsoft Register Server is a built-in utility to re-register the file properly. Follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Type in command in the search box.
- While you hold the CTRL + Shift keys on your keyboard, click Enter.
- A permission dialog box will appear. Next, click Yes.
- Input the following command: regsvr32 /u mfreadwrite.dll. Hit Enter to unregister your file.
- Afterwards, input the following command: regsvr32 /i mfreadwrite.dll. Hit Enter to re-register your file.
- Close command prompt.
- Reboot the program linked to the mfreadwrite.dll error.
Use Windows System Restore
Wouldn’t it be fun to go back in time, when your computer didn’t have mfreadwrite.dll issues? This is what Windows System Restore helps you do. Here are the instructions:
- Click the Start button.
- In the search box, type in System Restore. Hit Enter.
- Click System Restore from the results.
- If prompted, enter your administrator password.
- Follow the steps provided in the Wizard in order to choose a restore point.
- Reboot your computer.
If the mfreadwrite.dll error messages won’t let up, then it might be time to perform a clean installation of Windows. This action will delete everything from your hard drive and let you have a fresh start. Avoid data loss by backing up all of your important files and documents. Do this before starting this advanced process!
Common mfreadwrite.dll error messages can appear and annoy you due to a number of different reasons. These can include a virus or malware invasion, hardware failure, and invalid or corrupt mfreadwrite.dll registry entries. Go through the solutions we provided above for a prompt fix to the error.
Let us know in the comments if you’ve got a solution that magically addressed the mfreadwrite.dll error!
Vic is a search engine optimization expert, helping to optimize websites to make them more user-friendly. He’s been in the industry for more than 10 years, and his work speaks a lot about his experience and expertise in the IT and digital marketing fields.
Vic is the one in charge of keeping our website running smoothly and efficiently, to make sure that our readers have a wonderful experience while visiting the website. He’s good at troubleshooting errors and fixing Windows issues that come up either when playing games or working on the computer.
Vic is a certified gadget freak who feels the need to surround himself with cutting-edge technology. And this passion has helped him a lot in creating content that informs and guides users on using and troubleshooting the latest technology. He is an avid researcher who is always hungry for the latest news and updates on the most cutting-edge technology.