If you are getting unwanted banners and pop-up ads on your screen or constant redirection to Image8.pubmatic.com, then there is a high possibility that an adware-type virus has got into your PC system. Some Windows users have reported getting messages every time they open Edge, asking them if they want to download Image8.pubmatic.com. It appears that Microsoft Edge downloads Image8.pubmatic.com.
What Is Image8.pubmatic.com?
Image8.pubmatic.com is a redirect virus that can fill your web browser with different ads once it is activated. This adware can bring great issues and absorb a lot of your time with its unending download requests. The chief aim of this adware is to generate clicks. Every time you click on the pop-up window, web banner, or page, the virus developers earn some income.
The adware is not a fatal virus per se. It is almost harmless by itself, but it can annoy once it gets to your device. Image8.pubmatic.com is quite similar to the common redirect malware, such as 45eijvhgj2.com.
The Image8.pubmatic.com adware can manifest itself in the following ways:
Pro Tip: Run a dedicated PC optimization tool to get rid of incorrect settings, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats that can cause system issues or slow performance.
- It injects ads to your commonly visited web pages.
- The adware bombards your screen with commercial content of different forms, including pop-up windows and banners.
- This adware can change the homepage to Image8.pubmatic.com.
- Sometimes, it can install undesired applications and toolbars without your permission.
- It can display deceptive ads that promote other apps or software updates.
Why Should You Get Rid of the Image8.pubmatic.com Virus?
The fact that image8.pubmatic.com downloads on Microsoft Edge should be a sign that your system is at risk of being infected with adware-type cyber threats. Sure, you may choose to hit cancel every time the download request appears on your browser, but doing this is not only time consuming, but it also interrupts your workflow. What is even more worrying is that it can become worse eventually, if you don’t remove it.
Also, there is a risk of hitting the save or allow button, which you want to avoid at all costs. Doing so may lead to the infiltration of other cyber infections. Furthermore, constant redirects to intrusive ads and possibly malicious sites can diminish the performance of your computer. Even worse, the Image8.pubmatic.com virus can collect browser-related information, including locations, commonly-visited sites, search queries, IP addresses, and other activities you do on your browser.
So, if you happen to encounter any undesired Image8.pubmatic.com ads, act quickly to get rid of this silent intruder. In this guide, we will try to help you stop download requests for image8.pubmatic.com on Microsoft Edge and other browsers.
How to Stop Download Requests for Image8.pubmatic.com?
Removing most adware requires more than a simple uninstall. For this reason, we have recommended several pop-up-removal solutions, which we have discussed below.
Step 1: Uninstall Image8.pubmatic.com from Windows
The first step to getting rid of the Image8.pubmatic.com is to uninstall it from your computer. While doing so, try to find other suspicious programs and delete them, too. Some malware come with other unwanted programs.
To delete this virus on Windows 10, open Settings and complete the following tasks:
- Once you have opened the Settings window, select App & features in the left-side menu.
- Next, search for Image8.pubmatic.com in the right pane and select it. Look for other suspicious programs as well.
- Now, click on the Uninstall button next to it.
- After that, hit Uninstall to confirm your action.
Unfortunately, adware such as Image8.pubmatic.com may not be entirely deleted using standard Windows options. Most of them are too stubborn and, usually, find a way to get back into your system. So, you may need to boot into Safe Mode, and then remove the virus. Here is what to do:
- Press the Windows + R combination, then type msconfig into the dialog box and hit Enter.
- Next, navigate to the Boot tab and click on the Safe Boot option.
- Choose the Safe Mode type: Network or Minimal.
- Click OK and restart your PC.
- While in Safe Mode, navigate to Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Look for Images.pubmatic.com and remove it.
Step 2: Remove Image8.pubmatic.com from Your Browsers
After deleting Image8.pubmatic.com from your computer, remove it from your web browsers, too.
Open Microsoft Edge and follow these instructions:
- Head into the top-right corner and tap on the three dots icon.
- Now, choose Extensions and search for any suspicious or recently installed extensions, including Image8.pubmatic.com.
- After that, right-click on them and select Uninstall.
Open the Mozilla Firefox browser and complete these tasks:
- Press the Shift + Control + A keyboard combo.
- Now, choose suspicious extensions, such as Image8.pubmatic.com.
- After that, select the Disable or Remove option.
Launch Google Chrome and follow the steps below:
- Press the Alt + F shortcut and choose Tools.
- Select Extensions and look for Image8.pubmatic.com.
- After highlighting it, click on the Trash can icon to delete it.
For Internet Explorer, open the browser and press Alt + T keyboard shortcut.
- Select Manage Add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions.
- Now, search for Image8.pubmatic.com and click Disable.
- Next, click on the More Information link in the left-bottom corner and hit on the Remove button.
Step 3: Reset Your Browsers to Default Settings
To ensure that no traces of the virus are left behind, consider resetting your browsers homepage and search engine settings to their defaults. Fortunately, major web browsers, such as Edge and Chrome, come with a Reset web-browser utility.
Step 4: Scan Your System and Remove Unwanted Programs
The easiest and, perhaps, the most effective way to get rid of the Imager8.pubmatic.com pop-ups on your PC is to use a powerful program like Outbyte PC Repair. This way, you will do away with all the leftovers and registry files. This industry-leading tool will scan for Registry keys, browsers extensions, caches, and other junk. After identifying the malicious items on your PC, it will remove them, and then repair the damaged sections of your Windows system.
Step 5: Use Adblockers
Another viable option to getting rid of Image8.pubmatic.com pop-up ads is to use an ad-blocking extension. Two popular choices are AdBlock and Adblock Plus. Please note that this is a temporary solution.
Final Thoughts: Prevent Image8.pubmatic.com from Reappearing
While image8.pubmatic.com downloads on Microsoft Edge shouldn’t cause you sleepless nights, get rid of it as soon as it gets into your PC. It may be harmless in the beginning, but the virus has the potential to lead you to malicious sites. Thankfully, you can delete it from your device with our recommended solutions.
Perhaps a better strategy to deal with such annoying programs is to prevent them from getting into your PC. So, once you have removed the malware from your system, add a finishing touch by installing a robust antimalware program to prevent future incidents.
Silent intruders like the Image8.pubmatic.com adware and other potentially unwanted programs can get into your system if you are not careful when installing freeware or when using p2p networks.
Was this guide helpful? Share your thoughts in the comments section.