Have you also seen the iusb3mon.exe file on your computer? Fret not, because you are not alone. Many other Windows users have also come across the iusb3mon.exe file on their Windows computers. Just like you, they’re wondering if it’s a malicious file or not.
This suspicion was triggered after it was discovered that the file is not associated with any publishers. It was also found that the resource impact of the file is not seen in the Task Manager.
Now, you’ve probably asked these questions: What is iusb3mon.exe? How can I remove it from my PC? We have answers below.
What Is Iusb3mon.exe?
The Intel USB 3.0 Monitor, also known as the IUSB3MON, is a piece of software component of the Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller. It has a handy feature that can be used to monitor the current status of all USB ports. Its primary job is to generate a pop-up notification whenever a device or peripheral is connected to or disconnected from any of the USB 3.0 ports.
Even with its purpose, the iusb3mon.exe is considered an optional component. This means it does not play a vital role in your Windows operating system. Having said that, users can choose to uninstall it or leave it as is.
If you choose to leave it on your computer, don’t worry. It won’t do any harm. As of this writing, there is no potential threat associated with this file, it’s not identified as malware.
How to Know If the Iusb3mon.exe File Is a Threat
Some people find it difficult to tell whether the iusb3mon.exe file is a piece of malware or not. But the truth is, it’s really easy. You just have to follow these steps:
- Open the Windows menu.
- Select Program Files.
- Go to Intel and choose Intel(R) USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller Driver.
- Click Application.
- If the file is in this location, then it is genuine and not a piece of malware.
How to Remove Iusb3mon.exe on Your Windows Computer
Can you remove iusb3mon.exe from your PC? Of course, you can! However, it shouldn’t only be the executable file that you remove. Doing so will only trigger issues with the USB 3.0 Host Controller software to arise.
Here are some recommended ways to remove the iusb3mon.exe file:
1. Uninstall the Intel(R) USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller via Programs and Features.
The best thing you should do is uninstall the Intel(R) USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller software itself. To do it, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows + R keys. This will open the Run utility.
- Input appwiz.cpl in the text field.
- Hit Enter.
- The Programs and Features window should open up.
- In the list of programs, locate the application named Intel(R) USB 3.0 3.1 Extensible Host Controller.
- Right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
- Reboot your computer.
2. Use a Third-Party Uninstaller App.
You can remove the Intel(R) USB 3.0 3.1 Extensible Host Controller software by using a third-party uninstaller app. With uninstaller software, you don’t just delete the software itself. You also remove all the registry entries and files associated with it.
3. Remove the Iusb3mon.exe File Using System Restore.
The iusb3mon.exe file can be removed using System Restore. To do that, follow these steps:
- Reboot your computer in Safe Mode.
- Open Command Prompt.
- On the command line, input cd restore.
- Hit Enter.
- Input rstrui.exe.
- Hit Enter again.
- The System Restore window should now open.
- Click Next.
- Select a restore point. It is a time when you think your Windows computer was working fine before the iusb3mon.exe file problem appeared.
- Hit Next.
- Click Yes to confirm your action.
- Wait for the process to complete.
4. Delete Junk Files.
There are instances when the iusb3mon.exe file disguises as a junk file. This means cleaning your system and deleting junk and unnecessary files can reduce the threats on your computer.
To delete junk files, you may manually check all your folders. From there, you can delete those files that you think are suspicious and unnecessary. But this is going to be very time-consuming. So, we suggest that you do things the automated way.
What we’re trying to say is to download and install a trustworthy PC cleaning tool. With it, you can delete junk files in just a few clicks and restore your computer’s efficiency.
5. Let a Professional Do the Job.
If you are uncertain about what to do or you’re simply doubtful about your technical skills, then leave the job to an expert. Take your computer to a professional or licensed technician and have it checked for software or malware problems. This may mean you have to spend a few dollars for a computer check-up or repair, but it’s going to be all worth it.
There you go! That’s everything you should know about the iusb3mon.exe file. If it’s not malicious, then you can go and leave it as it is. After all, it won’t cause any harm. But if it is suspicious, remove it by following the instructions above.
Have you encountered the iusb3mon.exe file before? How did you deal with it? Let us know by commenting on your experience below.