While browsing your files, you notice a suspicious-looking file called WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP. It makes you curious, so you turn to Google and begin searching: what is WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP? Let this guide show you what this file is all about.
WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP is actually a virus that infiltrates your computer. You may have unknowingly downloaded it with other apps or programs, or it may come in a bundle with other trojans. Once it successfully infiltrates your computer, it will cause a multitude of problems, including changing your browser startup page to a malicious one, modifying your security settings, redirecting browser search, and enabling popup advertisements.
Although WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP often comes undetected in Microsoft Defender, it can be removed. In fact, you have two options to do this, either manually or automatically.
Automatic or Manual?
Well, if you ask us about the better WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP removal method, we’d say it’s the automatic way. Why? We have two reasons. These are:
- What you know is your computer is affected by a virus called WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP. But the truth is that your computer is infected by many viruses, including the browser Hijackers.Win32.WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP.BB and WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP.exe. With the automatic method, all threats and viruses are detected and removed in one go.
- The automatic method can be done in a matter of minutes, so you’ll have more time to work on other important tasks.
Remove WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP Automatically
So how do you remove the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus automatically? For this method, you will need help from third-party tools or software. Once you have a tool or software in mind, download and install it on your computer. Afterwards, scan your system for malware. Finally, remove any malware detected. It’s that easy!
Remove WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP Manually
To get rid of the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP file manually, you need to delete registry keys and files that are associated with the virus itself. You also need to remove it from your startup list and unregister all its corresponding DLLs.
Though the steps involved in manually removing the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus require extreme caution and a bit of technical knowledge, as long as you follow the steps accordingly, then there shouldn’t be any problem.
When removing the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus, you have to do the following:
- Deactivate processes and delete the appropriate files, or only those files that are considered malicious.
- Delete malicious folders.
- Delete malicious registry entries and values.
Uninstalling Programs Related to WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP Using Control Panel
How to remove all installed programs related to the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP varies depending on your current Windows version.
For Windows 10
- Open the Start menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to System > Apps & Features.
- In the list, search for any program that is associated with the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus. Click the Uninstall button next to it.
- Confirm the uninstallation by clicking the Uninstall button again.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Right-click on the task bar. Select Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features and click the Uninstall a Program button.
- Find all programs that are associated with the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus. Search for any suspicious programs as well.
- Once you’ve found one, click on it and select Uninstall.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the uninstallation process.
For Windows 7/Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- A list of installed programs on your system will be displayed. Find all entries and files related to the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait for the uninstallation to finish.
For Windows XP
- Go the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Select Add/Remove Programs.
- Find all entries related to the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus.
- Click the Remove button.
Removing WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP-Related Extensions From Your Browser
Sometimes, the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus disguises itself in browser extensions. That is why you should also pay close attention to your current browser extensions and uninstall anything suspicious.
To remove browser extensions manually, follow the steps below:
For Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the cogwheel icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Choose Manage Add-ons.
- Navigate to the Toolbar and Extension tab.
- Find any add-on or extension related to the virus.
- Click the Disable button.
For Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the URL bar, enter chrome://extensions/.
- A list of add-ons and extensions currently installed on your browser will be displayed. Find any add-on that may be associated with the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus and click the Recycle Bin icon.
- Click OK to confirm removal.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Go to Mozilla Firefox.
- In the URL bar, enter about:addons.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab.
- A list of currently installed extensions on Firefox will be displayed. Find the extensions that may be related to the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus.
- Click the Remove button next to the suspicious extension.
Keeping Your Computer and Browser Protected
Malware and viruses like WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP are widespread. They’re everywhere. No matter how many antivirus programs you install, sometimes they just fail to detect the offenders.
Then again, you can do something. Protect your computer with the right tools like Outbyte PC Repair. Though this tool does not directly get rid of the virus, using it to run a complete scan of your system will be of great help. Not only does it detect any speed-reducing issues that are causing your system to crash, it also locates threats that disguise themselves as harmless junk files. Download and install Outbyte PC Repair now and notice the difference.
Share with us your thoughts about the WEBPUSHCLOUD.TOP virus. Drop them in the comments section below.