Imagine this: you’re working on an important report that needs to be presented in the next 10 minutes. As soon as you’re done, you rush to have it printed. But all of a sudden, you are greeted by the “XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error,” keeping you from reproducing copies of the report. Frustrating, right?
What should you do? What is the error all about? What causes “XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error” on Windows 10? How do you fix it? In the sections below, we’ll try to answer these questions. Hopefully, with the information we will be sharing, you can get back on track and have enough time to prepare for your report.
What Is “XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error”?
According to some affected users, the problem occurs when trying to activate the Print function for some documents. It seems that, in the process, Windows cannot find or load the XPSSVCS.DLL file needed for the process.
Below, we have enumerated some common culprits that trigger the error message to appear:
Pro Tip: Run a dedicated PC optimization tool to get rid of incorrect settings, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats that can cause system issues or slow performance.
- invalid Registry entries
- viruses or malware entities that corrupted the XPSSVCS.DLL file
- errors in some hardware components
- problematic hard drive sectors
- accidental deletion of the XPSSVCS.DLL file
What to Do About “XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error”?
If you encounter the “XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error” while trying to print an important file, we suggest that you try the fixes below. You don’t have to test them one by one. Work your way down the list or choose the easiest fix for you.
Fix #1: Uninstall the recent updates
There are instances when Microsoft releases problematic updates for Windows. As a result, error messages like “XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error” surface. In that case, the best solution is to uninstall the updates.
- Go to Settings by pressing the CTRL + I key simultaneously.
- Select Update and Security and go to Update History.
- Click Uninstall Update.
- At this point, a window will open containing a list of all installed updates. Click on the Search Installed Updates search bar and input KB3177725 and the KB3176493.
- Double-click on the relevant search results and hit OK to uninstall the mentioned updates.
- Restart your PC and try to install the Google Cloud Print program once again.
Fix #2: Install Windows Updates
Microsoft is well aware of the issue, and over time, they have already released an update that has resolved the issue. Installing this update should get rid of the “XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error” message.
To install the latest Windows update, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing the CTRL + I key simultaneously.
- Go to Update and Security and click the Check for Updates button. Once new updates are detected, you can ask Windows to install them for you. Simply click the Install Updates button and wait for the download and installation process to complete.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply the changes.
- Now, reinstall Google Cloud Print.
Fix #3: Print documents via your chosen web browser
If you have no time to troubleshoot and need to fix a document as soon as possible, try doing so via your chosen web browser.
Here’s a detailed guide on what to do:
- Open your favorite web browser and visit https://www.google.com/cloudprint.
- Click the Print button and choose the Upload file to print option.
- Navigate to your file location and upload it.
- Choose the printer from which you wish to print.
- Click Print to print your document.
Fix #4: Run a complete malware scan
Sometimes, malware entities mess with your system, preventing you from completing printing tasks or causing error messages like XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error to appear. So, if you suspect that a malware entity is at fault here, run a malware scan.
By default, Windows always scans your system for malware using Windows Defender. However, you also have the option to run manual scans. Here’s how:
- Go to the Start menu and input security into the search field.
- Click Windows Security from the search results.
- Select Quick Scan to check your system for signs of malware. Windows will now perform a scan and display the results. If threats are found, it will offer to remove them from your computer automatically.
Now, if you wish to have a second option, you can also perform a quick scan using a third-party antivirus application.
Fix #5: Restore the missing DLL file from the Recycle Bin
If you have accidentally deleted the XPSSVCS.DLL file on your system, then this fix is worth trying. While it sounds like an unusual fix, many users have successfully resolved the error by doing this.
To restore the file from the Recycle Bin, all you have to do is open Recycle Bin and type XPSSVCS.DLL into the search bar. Once you find the file, right-click on it and choose Restore. Reboot your PC to apply the changes. It’s easy as pie!
Fix #6: Update all device drivers
Corrupt and outdated device drivers can also trigger the error message to appear. No matter how careful you are, some device drivers will just stop working for no reason. So, you may need to perform regular checks to fix and update any problematic drivers.
Because there is no specific driver associated with the XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error, it’s better to download and install a third-party driver updater to do the complicated task for you. In just a few clicks, the tool can scan your PC for any outdated drivers and install the compatible versions.
Fix #7: Use System File Checker
Your Windows computer has an in-built tool that can be used to check your system files for any errors. It’s called System File Checker.
To use it, follow the instructions below:
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Into the command line, input the sfc /scannow command and hit Enter.
- System File Checker will now scan your system for any issues and fix them automatically.
- Once done, reboot your PC. Check if the error message persists.
Congratulations! Though the printing situation was just imaginary, we’re assuming that you have already fixed the “XPSSVCS.DLL Is Missing Error” on Windows 10. If in the future, you find yourself in this situation, you no longer have to panic. Just read this article, follow the fixes we have presented, and you should be all good.
Let us know your thoughts about this informative piece. Comment on them below!