When trying to install a third-party app or program, have you ever encountered error 1935? Just keep calm because you are not the only one. Many Windows 10 users are seeing it, too, especially those who have just updated to build 1803.
The good news is that there are many feasible workarounds you can try to fix error 1935 on Windows 10. We listed some of them below:
Solution #1: Check Your Active Antivirus.
One possible cause for error 1935 is your active antivirus software. It could be that the antivirus is interfering with your system, keeping you from installing or running certain apps or programs.
If you think your antivirus is the reason why the error is showing up, you might need to disable some of its features. If that step does not work, you might have to remove your antivirus completely. If the removal of the antivirus software solves the issue, then it’s time to make that switch permanent.
Solution #2: Clear Your System Log.
Were you installing Office 2016 on Windows 10 when error 1935 appeared? That may suggest that your file system transaction is possibly corrupted. Hence, you need to clear your system log. Here’s how:
- Press the Windows and X keys. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
- In the text field, enter this command: fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
- Drive C is usually where the Windows 10 operating system is installed. If you installed it on another drive, feel free to make the necessary changes.
- Restart your computer.
Solution #3: Make Changes in Your System Registry.
Sometimes, error 1935 appears because there are problems in your system registry, which you can fix through proper modification. Follow the steps below to know how:
- Press the Windows + R keys together to open Run.
- In the text field, input regedit.
- Hit Enter.
- In the Registry Window that opens, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control.
- Double-click on RegistrySize Limit.
- Another dialog box should then appear. Enter ffffffff under Hexadecimal Value.
- Next, click the Decimal Radio Button and input 4294967295.
- Press OK.
- Restart your computer.
Solution #4: Run the App in Compatibility Mode.
You can also fix error 1935 by simply running the app in Compatibility Mode. If you haven’t heard about this mode yet, it’s actually a special feature that optimizes older apps for Windows 10.
Although this feature is designed for older apps, you can use it for newer ones, too. To run an app in Compatibility mode, do the following:
- Press Start and find the problematic app.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Scroll down to the Compatibility tab. Tick the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Choose your Windows version.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Solution #5: Install the Visual C++ Redistributables.
Other Windows 10 users reported that error 1935 appeared because Visual C++ Redistributables were not installed on their computers. To resolve the issue, they had to install the missing components manually. Don’t worry because it is a relatively simple task; all you have to do is download Visual C++ Redistributables from Microsoft’s official website.
Take note that there are many available versions of Visual C++ Redistributables. To ensure that you fix the problem, find the correct version that is compatible with your operating system. Try installing all available versions until you find the correct one.
Solution #6: Check if the Windows Modules Installer Service Is Up and Running.
It is also possible that error 1935 is showing up because the required services are not running. Some Windows 10 users reported that the error appeared while trying to install apps on their computer without the Windows Modules Installer service running.
To resolve the problem, make sure the Windows Modules Installer service is enabled. Do it by following these steps:
- Open Run using the Windows + R keys.
- In the text field, type services.msc.
- Hit Enter.
- Once the Services window opens, find Windows Modules Installer and right-click on it.
- Select Start.
- You have already started the service. Now, try installing the app once again and see if the error persists.
Solution #7: Install All Missing Updates.
If error 1935 keeps surfacing, it is likely because there are missing Windows updates that need to be installed. The best way to resolve your problem is to simply install any missing Windows updates.
Though Windows 10 is designed to install missing updates automatically, there are instances when an update or two is missing. If this case, you need to manually check for any missing updates by following these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- If there are any updates available, they will be downloaded and installed right away. After that, restart your computer.
Solution #8: Perform DISM and SFC Scans.
Error 1935 may occur if your Windows installation is corrupted. Then again, it’s a problem that can be fixed simply by performing DISM and SFC scans.
Follow these steps:
- Run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Input the command sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- The SFC scan should commence. It will take about 15 minutes, so make sure you don’t interrupt the process. Once it is finished, see if error 1935 still occurs. If it does, you might need to perform a DISM scan.
- To run a DISM scan, run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Input the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and hit Enter.
- The DISCM scan should start now and will take about 20 minutes to complete. Wait for it to finish before checking if the problem persists.
Solution #9: Scan Your System for Junk and Unwanted Files.
Your system might be filled with lots of junk and unwanted files, and that could be the reason why error 1935 keeps popping up while installing apps.
To clear your system for junk files, you can perform manual deletion. However, if you want things done quickly and easily, then we suggest you use third-party tools like Outbyte PC Repair. You can use this tool to run a complete system checkup and locate junk files and apps that are causing problems on your computer.
We’re assuming that your problem with error 1935 is now fixed. The next thing you have to do is to ensure your Windows computer performs efficiently and stays in optimal condition to prevent errors and problems in the long haul. It may sound like an easy task, but it’s something many Windows users tend to disregard.
Do you know other ways to fix error 1935? We’d love to know! Share them in the comments section below.