In today’s world, computers are the backbone of the society. It’s even difficult to imagine how this world would function without computers. Even the personal computers at home play a rather significant role in our daily lives. Unfortunately, computers also have a tendency to break down. And when they do, the data they contain can be lost forever. Computers crashing is a fact of life, and there’s nothing we can do about it when it happens. The only thing we can do is to protect the data it contains by creating backups, so if the drive does crash, we won’t lose everything on it.
However, if you don’t want to back up just the data, but everything on the drive including the operating system, here’s how to clone Windows and everything else on your drive.
What You’ll Need
To replicate Windows 10, you’ll need the following:
- A computer with a Windows 10 operating system
- Secondary hard drive with the same or larger capacity
- Cloning software (free cloning software are available on the Internet)
The Cloning Process
When you clone Windows 10, the actual process will largely depend on the cloning software you use. However, in general, the process will be as follows:
- Download and install the cloning software over the Web.
- Run the software.
- You’ll be asked to select the source drive (which is usually C: on most computers).
- You’ll be asked to choose the target drive also referred to as the destination disk.
- Just click on start or start clone to begin cloning your drive.
When you clone your hard drive, a backup of all the data, software, and the Windows 10 operating system will be created. If your cloning software offers sector to sector cloning, this would be the best choice, unless you intend to clone from a larger drive to a smaller one. Cloning your drive is the best way to protect your data. However, you’ll need to remember that only the data currently on the drive during the cloning process will be backed up. You’ll also need to create backup copies of subsequent data you place on the drive. To help make sure that Windows 10 cloning process runs smoothly and your computer performs well after that, we suggest you download and install Outbyte PC Repair. This program is developed to help you get rid of junk files more quickly and ensure that your computer’s RAM is in good working condition.