Have you come across the WtuSystemSupport.exe file? If not, don’t worry. It is simply an executable file that comes bundled with the AVG Web TuneUp program.
But wait, before you chill and relax, it is worth noting that there are malware entities out there that disguise as legit files like WtuSystemSupport.exe. They are just waiting for the perfect timing to perform malicious activities and steal whatever it is they want from you.
So, should you worry? It depends. Well, if you have installed a trusted anti-malware software on your computer that is capable of detecting the strongest and newest strains of viruses, then you can rest easy. Otherwise, you need to do more research.
Is WtuSystemSupport.exe Safe?
Is WtuSystemSupport.exe a harmful file? Are you running a legit WtuSystemSupport.exe on your computer? To answer your questions, the first thing you need to check is the file’s location. The true WtuSystemSupport.exe file should be in the C:\Program Files\avg web tuneup\vprot.exe location and not elsewhere.
You can also confirm whether the WtuSystemSupport.exe is a legit component of AVG by using Task Manager. Here’s how:
- Go to Task Manager.
- Navigate to View > Columns > Image Path Name.
- Find the WtuSystemSupport.exe process and check its directory. If it is similar to the above, then you’ve got a legit file.
Another way to check the authenticity of the WtuSystemSupport.exe file is by using Microsoft’s Process Explorer. Follow the steps below for a detailed guide:
- Run the Process Explorer.
- Go to Options and click Check Legends.
- Navigate to View and select Columns.
- Add a column and name it Verified Signer.
- Now, check the status of the WtuSystemSupport.exe process. If it is tagged as Unable to Verify, take the time to examine it. Not all Windows processes get a Verified Signature What’s important is that the WtuSystemSupport.exe process meets the following criteria:
- Located in the C:\Program Files\avg web tuneup folder.
- The publisher is AVG Technologies.
- The publisher URL is avg.com/us-en/web-tuneup.
- The file size is around 12.33 MB.
The Common Error Messages Associated with the WtuSystemSupport.Exe
If your computer is infected with a WtuSystemSupport virus, you are most likely to see the following error messages:
- WtuSystemSupport.exe Application Error.
- WtuSystemSupport.exe failed.
- WtuSystemSupport.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- WtuSystemSupport.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- WtuSystemSupport.exe is not running.
- WtuSystemSupport.exe not found.
- Cannot find WtuSystemSupport.exe.
- Error starting program: WtuSystemSupport.exe.
- Faulting Application Path: WtuSystemSupport.exe.
The error messages above may surface during the installation of a program or while executing the file’s associate software program.
Can WtuSystemSupport.exe Be Deleted?
If you are not sure whether or not the executable file you have is safe, then you should not delete it. Deleting an important executable file may only affect your PC’s overall performance.
Now, what should you do with a malware entity? Of course, you have to delete it. But can WtuSystemSupport.exe be deleted?
How to Delete the WtuSystemSupport.exe File?
Do you want to delete the WtuSystemSupport.exe file? If that is the case, you need to uninstall AVG Web TuneUp from your PC using its uninstaller. However, if you cannot find it, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Navigate to Programs and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find AVG Web TuneUp. Click on it and hit Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to delete the AVG Web TuneUp program, as well as the WtuSystemSupport.exe file.
Avoid Problems Associated with the WtuSystemSupport.exe File
The best way to avoid issues associated with the WtuSystemSupport.exe file is to ensure your computer is clean and tidy. This means performing regular malware scans using an anti-malware tool and keeping your PC free of junk files with a PC repair tool. Also, do not forget to make regular backups so you can easily recover when more problems arise.