Are you an avid gamer? Then it is likely that you have already come across QtWebEngineProcess.exe. If not, don’t worry because we’ve got your back.
In this article, we will share with you everything you should know about QtWebEngineProcess.exe. We will also answer the following questions:
- Is QtWebEngineProcess.exe a virus?
- What does QtWebEngineProcess.exe do?
Developed by Electronic Arts, QtWebEngineProcess.exe is a process associated with the Origin gaming platform.
Just like other gaming platforms, Origin releases regular updates to improve its security and stability. One of the updates loads the QtWebEngineProcess.exe, which is known to consume CPU resources. According to users, the process consumes the same amount of CPU resource as Origin.exe. However, what makes it such a disappointment is it does not do anything.
Pro Tip: Scan your PC for performance issues, junk files, harmful apps, and security threats
that can cause system issues or slow performance.
To resolve the problem, some users tried to close the QtWebEngineProcess.exe process, but it does not resolve the problem. If a game is launched via Origin, the use of computer resources will only spike, causing your computer to slow down.
Most of the time, the QtWebEngineProcess.exe issue is accompanied by the following error messages:
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe Application Error.
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Cannot find QtWebEngineProcess.exe.
- Error starting program: QtWebEngineProcess.exe.
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe failed.
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
How to Remove QtWebEngineProcess.exe?
To resolve the problems associated with QtWebEngineProcess.exe or to remove the process itself, we have collated some solutions that you can try. Check them out:
Solution #1: Reinstall the Origin gaming platform
If you noticed a high CPU usage caused by QtWebEngineProcess.exe, we suggest that you reinstall the Origin gaming platform.
- Right-click on the Start menu and choose Settings.
- Go to Apps and select Apps and Features.
- Scroll down the list and look for the Origin app.
- Click on the app and hit the Uninstall button next to it.
- Next, go to Origin’s official website to download and install it again.
Solution #2: Run System File Checker (SFC)
The System File Checker is a handy tool for fixing any Windows-related issues, including corrupted or missing QtWebEngineProcess.exe files.
To use this tool to resolve problems with QtWebEngineProcess.exe, follow these steps:
- Into the search box, input command prompt. Hit Enter.
- Right-click on the first item in the search result.
- Choose Run as Administrator.
- If the User Account Control appears, hit Yes.
- Next, input sfc /scannow into the command line and tap Enter.
- Wait until the scan is complete. Windows will resolve the problems for you.
Solution #3: Use the DISM tool
You can also use the built-in DISM tool to fix QtWebEngineProcess.exe-related errors. Simply follow the steps below:
- Into the Cortana search box, type command prompt and hit Enter.
- Right-click on the first matching result and choose Run as Administrator.
- Into the command line, input this command followed by pressing Enter: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait until the scan is complete and check if the problem persists.
Solution #4: Use Windows System Restore
Take note that you can only use this Windows feature if you already have an existing restore point. This allows you to undo any recent changes and restore your system to a previous state when QtWebEngineProcess.exe was not yet a problem.
- Click Start.
- Into the search bar, input System Restore.
- If prompted, provide your administrator login credentials.
- Select a restore point and follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution #5: Install an Anti-Malware tool
When it comes to getting rid of unwanted programs and processes, a reliable anti-malware tool can help. Download one from a legitimate source and install it on your device. Once installed, run a quick scan and leave the rest of the job to the tool.
Here’s a bonus tip: Aside from installing an anti-malware tool, we suggest that you install a PC repair tool as well. This will optimize your PC for a better gaming experience.
There you have it! That’s everything we know about QtWebEngineProcess.exe. If you need to remove it from your PC, try the solutions we have enumerated above.
If you know other solutions to resolve issues related to QtWebEngineProcess.exe, please share them in the comments section.