Are your browser search queries frequently being redirected to the Searchaize Search website? Are you seeing many pop-ups related to the Searchaize Search website? These instances only mean one thing. Your device is infected by a browser hijacker called Searchaize. What is it? What does it do? How do you remove it? We’ll answer all your questions about this hijacker below.
Searchaize, also called Searchaize Search, is a browser hijacker that changes your default search engine to feed.searchaize.com. This happens because an alien Searchaize program or browser extension was installed on your device.
Once installed, the hijacker will redirect all your browser search queries to feed.searchaize.com. The aim is to generate revenue for the developers of the Searchaize.
But how do you know if the Searchaize hijacker is installed on your PC? What does Searchaize do? Here are some symptoms to look out for:
- The default search engine of your web browser is changed to Searchaize Search.
- All your search queries are redirected to feed.searchaize.com.
- You see the Searchaize browser extension in the list of installed extensions on your browser.
- Slower PC performance.
How Did Your Computer Get Infected?
Most of the time, browser hijackers like this are bundled with other software programs or are offered through advertisements. This leaves users wondering where the extension came from. Because of this, experts always suggest being extra careful with the software programs you are installing, especially if you are downloading them from unverified websites. If possible, always choose the custom installation option so you can deselect or uninstall anything that is not needed.
How to Remove Searchaize?
At this point, you may already be very eager to remove the Searchaize program and other files associated with it. So, without further ado, here’s our Searchaize removal instructions:
Solution #1: Uninstall Searchaize from your PC
In this solution, you will uninstall the Searchaize Search program on your PC. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Apps. By default, Apps and Features should open.
- All the installed apps and programs on your PC should be displayed on your screen. Locate the Searchaize program and click on it to highlight it. Next, hit Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to completely remove the program.
Solution #2: Use a reputable anti-malware software program
There are many popular anti-malware software programs out there that can destroy and get rid of many types of malware entities, including browser hijackers. However, when it comes to removing browser hijackers, we suggest using one that is trusted and proven to fight against malware. Malwarebytes is one program you can use.
With the anti-malware program installed on your PC, you can run malware scheduled or quick malware scans to remove malware entities that are hiding on your PC. Here’s a handy tip, too! Make sure that your anti-malware program is regularly updated. Every now and then, new malware entities are being created and deployed. By updating your anti-malware software, you are also updating your program’s malware database, hence making it more effective at detecting and diagnosing malware-related issues.
Solution #3: Remove the browser hijacker extension from your browser
If your browser searches are still being redirected to the Searchaize website, you need to reset your web browser settings to their defaults. Depending on the browser you are using, follow the instructions below:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- In the upper right corner, go to the main menu, which is represented by three vertical dots.
- Select Settings.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and hit Advanced.
- Go to the Reset and clean up Click the Reset settings to their original defaults option.
- At this point, a dialog box appears detailing all the components that will be restored. To complete the process, click Reset Settings.
- Launch Firefox.
- Go to the main menu, which is represented by the three horizontal lines.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Help.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Confirm your action by clicking the Refresh Firefox
- Hit Finish.
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Click the main menu button, which is represented by three horizontal dots.
- Choose Settings.
- Check the left section of the window and click Reset Settings.
- Click the Restore settings to their default values
- A confirmation dialog box will now appear. To confirm the restoration process, hit Reset.
Your PC should already be free of the Searchaize Search malware. If you are still having problems with this browser hijacker, do not hesitate to call the help of a PC expert. You may also ask for help from the support team of Windows or Mac.
Do you know other ways to remove the Searchaize Search malware from your PC? We’d love to know, too! Comment on them below.
Vic is a search engine optimization expert, helping to optimize websites to make them more user-friendly. He’s been in the industry for more than 10 years, and his work speaks a lot about his experience and expertise in the IT and digital marketing fields.
Vic is the one in charge of keeping our website running smoothly and efficiently, to make sure that our readers have a wonderful experience while visiting the website. He’s good at troubleshooting errors and fixing Windows issues that come up either when playing games or working on the computer.
Vic is a certified gadget freak who feels the need to surround himself with cutting-edge technology. And this passion has helped him a lot in creating content that informs and guides users on using and troubleshooting the latest technology. He is an avid researcher who is always hungry for the latest news and updates on the most cutting-edge technology.