Screendream.yournewtab.com, also known as Screen Dream, is the name is used to refer to a browser hijacker that aggressively promotes the “MySearch” virus. The main aim behind the pushing of offers on the MySearch website is to generate income through affiliate marketing.
The browser hijacker is usually promoted as a useful Chrome new tab extension that allows users to watch movie trailers conveniently. The third-party program rides on free apps, and once it infiltrates your computer, it takes control over your web browser and starts altering your search results. This clearly shows that Screen Dream isn’t of any help to the user as it is falsely advertised. If you notice any unfamiliar new tab, search engine, or toolbar on Chrome, it only means that your computer has a malware infection, and you need to get rid of it as soon as possible.
What Does Screendream.yournewtab.com Do?
Screen Dream replaces the default start page of your browser with MySearch.Com and generates results that contain links to sponsored websites. While some users might find this tolerable, others are irritated by the redirects and cannot wait to get rid of the program.
Additionally, screendream.yournewtab.com injects tracking cookies into web browsers. The cookies start tracking the victim’s browsing history. All this is aimed at generating pay-per-click revenue when the user is misled to visit a particular website. The cookies also collect the users’ locations, harvest their IP addresses, and other information that may be used to tailor more appealing advertising content.
Due to the questionable trustworthiness of the affiliates, users should be extra cautious as visiting these malicious sites exposes their computers to potentially harmful programs. The user can easily get another cyber infection without realizing it.
How to Remove Screendream.yournewtab.com
The only sure way to protect your computer from this cyber-threat is to always pay attention to what you download and install onto your computer. Always follow the installation steps carefully. To be on the safer side, you should always opt for a “Custom or Advanced” installation to make sure that you don’t miss a single installation step.
If you realize that your computer has already been infected, you should remove the program. The decontamination process is not a complicated one as users can follow simple screendream.yournewtab.com removal instructions to remove the program.
There are two main methods of removing malicious software from your computer.
Method One: Automatic Elimination
Follow these steps to remove the program safely and easily from your computer:
- Pick a reputable anti-malware tool.
- Download and install the software.
- Run a scan to find all malicious programs.
- Remove all unwanted programs to clean your system.
- Lastly, it’s highly advisable that you take advantage of a robust anti-malware tool to get rid of Screen Dream as well as any other malware hiding on your computer. Using a security tool to scan your computer helps you find all critical threats that need to be removed.
Screen Dream is a sneaky malware that tries to hide its files to prevent users from detecting and deleting them. That’s why it’s advisable that you run a full system scan using a reliable security tool.
Method Two: Manual Elimination
This other method is quite lengthy but effective.
Carefully follow the steps below to successfully remove the browser hijacker without ruining your computer.
Removing Screen Dream from Windows:
- Click “Start.”
- Go to “Control Panel.”
- Click “Programs and Features.”
- If you’re using Windows 8 or 10, open the quick access menu by right-clicking on the bottom left corner of your screen and open “Control Panel.”
- Uninstall the program.
- Click “Okay” to finalize the removal.
Removing Screen Dream from Mac OS X:
- Click the “Go” button.
- Go to “Applications.”
- Look for Screen Dream.
- Right-click on the program.
- Move to “Trash.”
Removing Screen Dream from your web browser:
Note that the steps might change a little depending on what web browser you’re using.
To fix the web browser, remove the screendream.yournewtab.com extension, and reset your browser’s default settings, follow these steps:
- Open the web browser.
- Click on the icon at the upper right corner to get the menu.
- Go to “Tools.”
- Open “Extensions.”
- Select all the malicious plug-ins.
- Hit the “Trash” icon to delete the extensions.
- To reset the browser, open the menu icon.
- Select “Settings.”
- Choose “Reset browser settings.”
- Click on “”
- Click “OK/Confirm” to complete the removal.