Ever tried visiting your favorite site on your browser, only to get redirected to another unknown site? Weird, huh? Yes, it happens. This is often caused by redirect viruses.
One notorious redirect virus that does that is the so-called Liberar.permitir.site. What is it?
Like other redirect viruses, Liberar.permitir.site alters your browser’s settings, resulting in unexpected redirects to unknown sites. And because it sometimes adds or installs freeware into your PC without you knowing, it is also referred to as a browser hijacker. Regardless of whether it’s a virus or a hijacker, this type of infection is something you would want to remove right away.
But what can Liberar.permitir.site do? Once your device is infected, your browser’s home page and new tabs will be unknowingly set to load the hacker’s promoted website. So, don’t expect your usual site to appear once you launch your browser.
Aside from that, Liberar.permitir.site can change your default search engine into a site that throws sponsored links into the search results. Once you click on one result, you will be led to an odd page, whose creators generate profit from boosted traffic.
Now, you have to pay extra caution to these redirects. When you click on anything, you could cause your device to be contaminated with malicious entities.
How Your Device Got Infected
There are many ways your device could have gotten infected by the Liberar.permitir.site redirect virus. However, the most popular infection method is the installation of freeware or free programs.
Among all methods, freeware installation is considered the most successful. This is because most people act carelessly when installing software programs. They just hit Next and Continue, not knowing what other additional software may be added.
For this reason, experts always suggest installing programs in custom mode. This way, you can unmark any unnecessary items that are being suggested for installation.
How to Remove the Liberar.permitir.site Redirect Virus
You are probably interested to know how to get rid of this annoying redirect virus. Don’t worry because we have the perfect Liberar.permitir.site removal instructions prepared for you.
Method 1: Remove Liberar.permitir.site from Windows OS
The first method you can try to remove involves removing the remnants of this annoying redirect virus from your Windows system. Follow the steps below:
- Click Start.
- Go to Control Panel and navigate to Programs and Features.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Find any programs associated with the Liberar.permitir.site redirect virus. Remove any program you don’t remember installing as well.
- Click the Uninstall button and hit OK to save changes.
Method 2: Remove Liberar.permitir.site from macOS
If your device is running macOS, here’s what you should do:
- Click the Go button at the top-left corner of your screen. Choose Applications.
- Once the Applications folder appears, find the Liberar.permitir.site redirect virus and other suspicious programs. Right-click on them and click Move to Trash.
Method 3: Remove the Liberar.permitir.site from Your Browser
Once you have removed traces of the virus on your system, it’s time to erase its remnants on your browser. Follow the instructions below:
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Click on the small gear icon at the top-right corner of the browser.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Find the Liberar.permitir.site extension and other suspicious plug-ins. Disable them by clicking Disable.
- If your home page has been altered, click the gear icon again and select Internet Options. Navigate to the General tab. Remove the URL under the home page section and enter your preferred domain. Hit Apply to save your changes.
- Close Internet Explorer and relaunch again. Check if the problem persists.
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Click the three dots at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings to see more options.
- Hit the Choose what to clear button under the Clear browsing data option.
- Select all items you want to clear and hit the Clear button.
- Now, right-click on the Start button and choose Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Processes tab and locate Microsoft Edge.
- Right-click on it and select Go to Details option.
- Find the entry with the name Microsoft Edge in it. Right-click on it and choose End Task.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the menu icon. Choose Add-ons and click Extensions.
- Click on the Liberar.permitir.site plugin, as well as other suspicious plugins you don’t remember installing. Hit Remove to get rid of these entries.
Method 4: Use a Trusted Anti-Malware Tool
If you are not that tech-savvy, your best option is to use a reputable anti-malware tool. Have one installed on your PC and run a quick scan. Wait for the scan to complete. Once it flags the Liberar.permitir.site as a virus, have it removed or fixed right away.
Remember to only install an anti-malware tool from the official site of the program’s developer. Again, redirect viruses can come from freeware. You don’t want to add more problems to your PC.
Redirect viruses are entities you shouldn’t take for granted. Once you realize that your PC has been infected, take appropriate measures. Remove it from your system and browser. Most importantly, run system scans to ensure no traces of the virus remains.
What other PC repair tips can you suggest? Share them in the comments!