If you love using third-party applications to download YouTube content, then you have likely come across the Savefrom.net website. When you visit this website, you might be amazed by its effective downloads, not knowing that you are already exposing yourself to risks. Many people are complaining about getting malware attacks after using savefrom.net.
In this article, we discuss what the en.savefrom.net malware is, why it’s a risk, and how to remove it on your Windows 10 computer.
About the En.savefrom.net Malware
It is a malware type that attacks your device after using the savefrom.net website to download YouTube content. Using the savefrom.net site is harmless. However, this site usually displays some ads that put your computer at risk of getting infected by viruses.
What Does the En.savefrom.net Malware Do?
When you open the savefrom.net website, you are usually asked to paste a YouTube link to download the audio or video you want. While doing so, the site starts displaying unnecessary ads and banners. Clicking these ads redirects you to harmful websites where you might unknowingly download malware entities into your device. This can be risky since the downloaded malware can weaken your system security, making your PC more vulnerable to malware attacks. What’s worse is that these ads might even pop-up just before clicking the download button, thus making you mistakenly open harmful websites.
How to Remove the En.savefrom.net Malware?
Try these fixes on your Windows 10 device to get rid of the en.savefrom.net malware:
1. Uninstall Suspicious Programs
If you clicked any ads on the savefrom.net website, some unwanted programs were probably installed on your computer. Here is how to remove them:
- Press the Windows + S keyboard shortcut to open the Windows search bar.
- Type “control,” and then pick the “Control Panel” result.
- Open “Programs and Features.”
- Scroll through the apps list and check for any unfamiliar programs.
- If you see an unwanted program, right-click on it, and then select “Uninstall.”
- Choose “Yes” when the UAC prompt appears, then wait for the uninstallation to end.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for every suspicious program.
2. Scan for Malware
The en.savefrom.net malware might hide in your system together with other elusive viruses. Use this guide to quickly scan for malware in Windows 10:
- Use the Windows + I shortcut to launch the Settings app.
- Select “Update & Security.”
- Click “Windows Security” on the left-side menu.
- Open “Virus & threat protection” on your right.
- From there, click the “Quick scan” button or open the “Scan options” link to choose other types of
- Wait for the scan to complete, and then remove the displayed threats.
- Restart your device.
Although the en.savefrom.net malware might be easily removed by following the above steps, other viruses from the harmful sites might evade the scan. Therefore, you need an aggressive malware removal tool to help get rid of them. Auslogics Anti-Malware is one excellent tool that you can try.
This tool thoroughly scans your computer for malicious entities and removes them to help secure your crucial files. If you had installed the savefrom.net browser extension, then this tool will flag it as a potential threat and ask you delete it before it causes more harm to your device. Additionally, it allows you to schedule automatic scans to ensure continued protection from malware.
3. Use System Restore
If nothing has worked for you yet and you are still asking yourself, “How to get rid of en.savefrom.net malware?” then this method might resolve your problem.
Using System Restore reverses your computer’s state to a date before the en.savefrom.net malware entered the system. Note that using this method deletes some installed apps. Follow this guide to use System Restore in Windows 10:
- Open the Windows search box (Win+ S).
- Type “restore,” and then select the “Create a restore point” search result.
- Click the “System Restore” button.
- Click “Next.”
- Choose the System Restore point you want to apply.
- Select “Scan for affected programs” to see the programs that will be deleted and those that’ll be automatically restored.
- Close the open window and then click “Next.”
- Select “Finish.”
We hope this article helped you remove the en.savefrom.net malware from your Windows 10 PC. If you have additional solutions to this problem, kindly share it with us in the comments section below.