Are you seeing annoying ads on your screen whenever you visit a website? If that is the case, then your device must be infected by an adware program. One notorious adware program that is wreaking havoc among PCs nowadays is the so-called Qualitink Ads. What is it? What do Qualitink Ads do?
Qualitink is a program that is being advertised as something that will improve your browsing experience. While it may sound like a handy tool, it is actually quite intrusive as it displays annoying Qualitink ads that you may unknowingly click while checking web pages.
About Qualitink Ads
Qualitink ads are generated by the adware program called Qualitink. These ads are usually displayed as banners and pop-up advertisements on the web pages that you visit. More often than not, these ads show various deals, coupons, and offers. However, there are instances when they promote questionable and malicious content that when clicked, directs to the developer’s site and generates pay-per-click revenue.
You can easily identify Qualitink ads as they come with captions like Powered by Qualitink, Brought to you by Qualitink, or Ads by Qualitink.
How Qualitink Ads Are Distributed
As an adware program, it usually comes bundled with freeware that you download online. When you download these free programs, they actually do not disclose what other software applications are installed. At the end of the day, you find your system with lots of unnecessary programs you never knew existed.
That said, it is recommended that you practice caution whenever you try to install freeware. If possible, always choose the custom installation option and avoid installing any program that is unfamiliar.
How to Remove Qualitink Ads?
With the inconveniences that Qualitink ads bring, we’d understand why you’d want to have them removed. The good news is that it is easy to do so. Check out this quick Qualitink ads removal guide we have created just for you.
Phase 1: Use an anti-malware program
The first thing you have to do is to run a quick scan using an anti-malware program. As long as you follow the instructions properly, you can easily find and remove any traces of the Qualitink adware:
- Download and install an anti-malware program of your choice.
- After installing, launch the program by double-clicking on it.
- Depending on the program that you installed, you will see varying user interface designs. At this point, choose to scan your OC. It may take a few minutes to complete. Just let the program do what it’s supposed to.
- Once the scan is complete, you will be notified. It will then present you with various malicious entities it finds. Scroll through the list, check for any entities associated with Qualitink, and decide whether or not you want it removed from your computer.
Phase 2: Reset your browser’s settings
Depending on the browser you currently have installed, follow the appropriate instructions below.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
- Go to the General tab.
- Delete the current home page link and set a new URL that you want to use.
- Now, click the Settings button next to the Search text field.
- Go to Manage Add-ons.
- Look for any suspicious URL and click Remove.
- Hit Apply to save the changes.
- Exit and restart Internet Explorer.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Open and select Options.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Delete the current home page link and set a new home page. You may also choose the Restore to Default option.
- Hit OK.
- Next, choose Manage Search Engines.
- Look for any URL associated with Qualitink and hit the Remove button next to it.
- Hit OK.
- Exit and relaunch Firefox.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome option at the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Setting.
- Now, go to On Startup and select Set Pages.
- Delete the current URL on the home page section or choose the Restore to Default option.
- Hit OK.
- Go to Manage Search Engines and delete any URL associated with the Qualitink adware.
- Click OK.
- Close and restart Google Chrome.
Phase 3: Remove any hijacked shortcuts
Although this is completely optional, it is still worth doing, especially that your browsing experience is at risk. It is likely that the Qualitink adware has already hijacked some of your browser’s shortcuts, so you have to manually remove them as soon as you can. Here’s what you should do:
- Locate for your browser’s shortcut on the Taskbar, Desktop, or in the Start menu. Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab.
- Remove any URL argument associated with Qualitink, especially the URLs that start with http.
Like the Norassie adware, Qualitink is indeed intrusive. However, you can always do something about it. Once you notice some odd pop-ups and banners showing on your screen at random, take action right away. Consider using this guide to get yourself familiar with the adware entity you are dealing with.
What’s the worst adware that you have come across with? How did you deal with it? We’d like to know in the comments!