Because of its enticing description, numerous users have installed SaveFromNet Helper to assist in download media from the internet. While the application is beneficial and helpful, however, most users have attested issues regarding the application, particularly the annoying ads.
The ads that come with the application have been accompanied by Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) that run a full scan on the system to clean it. Since they pose a risk to your system, you should learn how to remove SaveFromNet Helper ads.
If your application promotes an advertising network with an alleged reputation about its module on third-party applications, this article might come in handy for you.
Understanding SaveFromNet Helper
What is SafeFrom.net? What does SaveFromNet do? Why do people uninstall SaveFromNet ?
To begin, SaveFromNet is an application that allows you to download video content from the internet. Because you can download media from various legitimate sites through this application, it is possible to arrive at pages from promotional ads or random redirect links.
Often, the extension of SafeFrom Helper is distributed through different advertising channels. As such, you are likely to install it from freeware downloads.
To avoid promotional ads that bring viruses, opt for a custom installation option. If you have SafeFrom Helper extension present, you may encounter ads, pop-ups, banners, sponsored links, and hyperlinked text that appears within the visited sites.
Removing SaveFromNet Helper Ads and Stopping Browser Redirects to SaveFromNet Site
Do not click the Allow button on the page. But if you have taken this action, you must have to remove the permissions granted, scan your system to remove adware and its components from the system, and follow these steps:
Step 1: Block the permission for the site to display push notifications from your web browser.
First, you have to block the site’s permission to display push notifications. Depending on your browser, the steps vary.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the top-right corner and open the Chrome menu. Then, click on Settings.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to look for and click on Advanced.
- Navigate to the Privacy and Security section and click on Content settings.
- Then, click on Notifications. You will see a list of websites that are allowed to show notifications.
- Look for the SaveFromNet website, click on the three vertical dots beside it, and Remove. By doing so, you will temporarily prevent any push notification from showing.
- To go to the Firefox menu, click on the three horizontal lines, and choose Options.
- Navigate to Privacy & Security on the left side of the page.
- Then, go to the Permissions section in the Notifications menu and choose Settings.
- Locate the net website and choose Block from the drop-down menu.
- Don’t forget to click on the Save Changes button.
- For Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon on the top-right part of the browser to open the menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- Look for the Privacy tab and choose the Pop-up Blockers section. Then, click on Settings.
- Locate the SaveFromNet website and click on the Remove button.
- Click on the three horizontal dots to open Microsoft Edge’s Menu button. From the menu, choose Settings.
- From the left side of the window, click on Advanced.
- Click on Manage Permission under the Website Permission section.
- Locate the SaveFromNet website and click on the X (Clear) button.
Step 2: Delete browser shortcuts from opening web address.
Next, delete all web browser shortcuts associated with the SaveFromNet website. Here’s how:
- Head on the web browser shortcut on your desktop by choosing Properties.
- On the shortcut tab, search for the SaveFromNet address.
- If you find anything apart from above, remove it.
- Repeat the process with all the installed web browsers.
Step 3: Remove unwanted programs or Adware from Control Panel.
Now, remove all unwanted programs via Control Panel. Follow the instructions below:
- In the search box, type Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a Program.
- Choose the program you want to remove from the list and click on the Uninstall button on top.
Step 4: Reset web browsers.
Finally, reset your web browsers, including the following:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
Applying the Process
If you have installed SaveFromNet by yourself, you can remove the program just like any other software from the Control Panel. With this guided process, you will surely remove the ads that pose risk to your system and get back to downloading video content from your favorite websites.