Xiaomi Poco F1 is undoubtedly one amazing phone. Given its price and incredibly fast Snapdragon 845 processor, which is ideal for gaming, it is not surprising why it is currently the talk of the town. Not to mention, it also sports a wide 6.18” FHD+ display and has a similar RAM and storage space as with Mi 8.
If you have ever bought Xiaomi Poco F1, you will be very happy to know that it comes with lots of interesting features, which include TWRP Recovery compatibility, which you can use to unlock your device’s full potential.
Of course, we need not provide reasons why you should root your device. However, if you are looking to do exciting things like playing with apps like Xposed, customizing your smartphone’s settings, or using other backup apps, then you definitely need to gain Xiaomi Poco F1 root access.
Before you can proceed with rooting Xiaomi Poco F1, know that you have to unlock the bootloader of your device first. That way, you can conveniently install TWRP. From there, you can proceed and flash the Magisk 16.7 package and root Xiaomi Poco F1.
Here’s an important reminder. Do not attempt the steps we enumerated below if you are not confident about what you are doing. In the event that your device gets damaged, it might not be covered by warranty.
Installing TWRP Recovery
As mentioned above, you have to install TWRP Recovery to be able to proceed with rooting your Xiaomi Poco F1. To install TWRP, download the TWRP Recovery file from here to your computer. Once you have it, proceed with the steps below.
Rooting Xiaomi Poco F1
We’ve come to the most exciting part: rooting your Xiaomi Poco F1. Don’t worry because we’ve made the steps easy to understand. This guide will walk you through the steps on how to install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Poco F1 and use it to gain root access on your device.
- Download and install the bootloader for Xiaomi Poco F1: here is the link you need.
- Aside from TWRP Recovery, check if you have already downloaded other necessary files, including:
- Grab the USB cable that came with your Xiaomi Poco F1 and connect it to a PC.
- Transfer all the downloaded files (TWRP Recovery, Magisk 16.7, and Force Encryption Disabler) to your Xiaomi Poco F1. Make sure you keep a copy of the TWRP file on your computer.
- Be sure you have enabled USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
- On your computer, open a command window inside the folder where you saved the TWRP Recovery file. To do this, navigate to that folder and type “cmd” in the address bar of the folder’s window. Next, press the Enter
- By now, a command window should pop up. It should be located in that folder.
- Boot your Xiaomi Poco F1 into bootloader/fastboot mode. To do this, run the command “adb reboot bootloader” on the command window.
- If a permission dialogue appears on your Xiaomi Poco F1 device, asking you to Allow USB Debugging, just hit
- Next, install the TWRP Recovery file on your device, using the command window. To do that, type the command, “fastboot flash recovery <name of the TWRP Recovery file>.img”.
- Press the Enter key to start flashing TWRP Recovery.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Poco F1 into recovery mode to be able to access TWRP before starting Android. To do this, run the command, “fastboot boot <name of the TWRP file>.img”.
- You should now see TWRP Recovery. If asked to “Keep System Read Only?”, press the Keep Read Only This will disable any system modifications.
- Install the Force Encryption Disabler. Just tap the Install button and select the Force Encryption Disabler file. After that, confirm on the next screen.
- At this point, you need to reboot to TWRP Recovery again. Go to TWRP and tap on the Reboot button on the home screen. Next, select
- Once it is done rebooting and you are back in TWRP, tap on Then, select Format Data Option.
- You will be taken to another screen to confirm the wiping of data. Type Yes if you agree. Wait until everything on your device is deleted.
- Finally, we will be rooting Xiaomi Poco F1. Install the Magisk root package on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Go to TWRP’s home screen and tap
- Select the Magisk-v16.7.zip file and confirm on the succeeding screen.
- Restart your device by tapping Reboot -> System.
- Once your device has restarted, it has successfully rooted. If you wish to verify root access on your Xiaomi Poco F1 device, you can use other root checker apps like Root Checker.
That’s pretty much everything about rooting Xiaomi Poco F1. Again, if you do not know what you are doing, just don’t continue. Otherwise, you might end up damaging your device.
Just so you wanted to give your Xiaomi Poco F1 a boost, we suggest you download and install Outbyte Android Care. This tool will scan your system for any junk files and get rid of them so you don’t have to worry about your device hanging or slowing down while using it. Check it out!