When it comes to online privacy, the trend today is focused on VPN. This exciting service lets you cloak your actual IP address to secure private data and browse the web safely. The best VPNs don’t just protect your data, they also allow you to do things that you would not normally do or is impossible to accomplish with your regular internet connection. For example, you can access geographically-blocked Netflix content without taking a single step outside your home. Using a VPN lets you bypass these restrictions and hide your identity at the same time. You can also access restricted websites, download torrents safely, research secretly, or shop online securely. Now, if you have just subscribed to a VPN service like IPVanish or Outbyte VPN and you want to set it up or install it manually, you’ve come to the right place.
IPVanish is one of the best VPNs for Windows that allows users to make changes in both primary and advanced settings. It is also considered one of the best VPNs that can be used for P2P file sharing and torrenting. Other notable features of this VPN include the no logs policy, significantly faster download speeds, and high-level of protection with 256-bit encryption over L2TP, PPTP, and Open VPN protocols. Although IPVanish is a bit pricier than most of its competition, it does come with a 7-day money-back guarantee. That means if you are not satisfied with any of its three pricing plans ($58.49/year, $20.24/quarter, $7.50/month), a refund will be made. To install IPVanish for Windows, follow these steps:
- Create your IPVanish account here.
- While on the IPVanish website, go to the Apps menu > Windows. Download the IPVanish Windows installation file.
- Once the download is completed, open the folder where the installation file is saved. Double-click it to start the installation process. In the process, you will be asked for an email address and to create a username and password. Take note of these details because you will need them later.
- After the IPVanish software is installed, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Click OK.
- Once your computer has successfully restarted, open the IPVanish software by double-clicking its shortcut on your desktop.
- Enter the email address and password you created in step 3 to log into your account.
- Configure the settings to your liking. Once done, click the Connect button.
- If you are asked to install the Tap Driver, just continue. It will be needed by your network to connect to an open VPN protocol.
- Once you have established a connection, you can start browsing the web anonymously.
Another VPN service that is making a name in the VPN industry today is Outbyte VPN. Though it’s relatively new, the features and perks it offers will not disappoint. Aside from ensuring a private and secure online experience, Outbyte VPN lets you enjoy unrestricted streaming and access to your favorite sites and games. It also guarantees no activity logging, high-speed connection, and military-grade AES-256 encryption. Plus, you get to take advantage of free updates and live-chat support feature. Like IPVanish, Outbyte VPN comes in 3 different pricing packages ($7.99/month, $37.98/semi-annual, and $59.88/year). Here’s how to install Outbyte VPN on Windows devices:
- Go to this website and download the Outbyte VPN app. The app is available in different versions including Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows so make sure you select the Outbyte VPN app for Windows.
- Once you have downloaded the app, double-click on it to start the installation process.
- While installing the app, you will be asked for some details like your email address. You will also be asked to create a username and password, which you will use to log into your account. Remember these details.
- Once the app is installed successfully, restart your computer.
- Launch the app and enter the login details you created in step 3.
- You can now explore the app and make necessary changes in the settings.
- Start browsing the web privately and securely.
The entire installation of a VPN service for Windows may require a bit of work, but when done correctly you will definitely enjoy the perks.