Information technology is a very broad topic, especially with new hardware and software products and innovations springing up like mushrooms every day. Software Tested aims to provide the latest and most relevant articles about computers, smartphones and the digital life. We provide articles, news, tutorials, online guides, features, and product reviews of anything related to Mac and Windows computers as well as iOS and Android devices.
But we understand that we can’t cover or report on everything at once! We are more than happy to publish your thoughts, tips, tricks, and solutions to any issue or topic that covers:
- Mac and Windows computers
- iOS and Android devices
- Virtual private network (VPN) and internet connectivity
- Online security
What Types of Articles Do We Accept?
Articles should be at least 600 words in length to make sure there is enough content to explain your topic. We accept articles in the following format:
- Latest News – Articles discussing newly launched features, tech rumors, updates, or events related to macOS, Windows, Android, iOS and VPN.
- Tutorials – How-to articles that help readers navigate the world of computers and mobile devices.
- Ultimate Guides – Long-form articles that dig deeper and provide a comprehensive discussion of a specific topic.
- Solutions – Tried-and-tested troubleshooting tips for issues, bugs, and problems users encounter when using computers and mobile devices.
- Product Reviews – A feature of a new or refreshed software or hardware product.
- Lists – Lists of best tips and tricks, hardware and software products, and apps – make it as fun and beneficial to our readers as possible!
Who Do We Write For?
Software Tested writes for a varied audience composed of app developers, computer geeks, technicians, web designers, and everyday consumers. The subject being discussed should be able to be understood by these groups of readers, so to be safe, write as if you’re talking to ordinary computer and smartphone users. We’re looking for meaty articles that provide solid, easy-to-digest information.
What Do We Need from You?
When you decide to write for Software Tested, these are the things that we will expect from you:
- A unique topic approved by the editors of Software Tested, along with an outline of the article.
- Minimum of 600 words, with at least one bulleted or numbered list for easier reading.
- The article must be 100% grammatically correct.
- The article must be original, written specifically for Software Tested, and has not been published elsewhere. We have a zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism and intellectual property violations.
- The author’s short biography, website link, social media profiles, and one relevant image.
We are usually flexible when it comes to deadlines, but you need to work closely with the editor for revisions and to make sure the article is published within a sensible timeline, particularly for time-sensitive topics.
What Will You Get from Working with Software Tested?
Content Marketing is a two-way process, so here are the things you can expect from us:
- A byline with your biography and link to your social media profiles, personal blog, or website, so our readers can get to know more about you and your work.
- Expert assistance and guidance from our professional editors who will make sure you write something that you’ll be proud of.
- Expanding reach and readership for your article by sharing it on our social media channels.
Tips and Guidelines
If you happen to get this far, then that means you’re really interested in writing for Software Tested. We want to encourage writers like you to share their best work with us and gain more attention for your articles.
To get started, send us a message with your proposed topics (at least three) and we’ll pick out the best one for you. If you already have a draft of the article, you can send it directly to us and we’ll be more than happy to review it for you.
If you need help anywhere in the writing process, from the outline creation to the editing process, just send us a message and our editors will be glad to help. We would be very happy to welcome you to the Software Tested team as a contributor!